Rich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hello all,

I have a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited with the LED lights. For the daytime running lights, I pass other Rubicons that have both the outer circle of the main headlamps lit as well as the fender flare lights lit. On mine, only the outer circle of the main headlamps are lit. What are others seeing on their '19 Rubicon Unlimiteds? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Robtdcarr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 2015 Ford Explorer. 2005 HD Softail Deuce. 2017 VW Passat.
Hello all,

I have a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited with the LED lights. For the daytime running lights, I pass other Rubicons that have both the outer circle of the main headlamps lit as well as the fender flare lights lit. On mine, only the outer circle of the main headlamps are lit. What are others seeing on their '19 Rubicon Unlimiteds? Thanks in advance.
I have a ‘18 JLRU and mine mimics those you see on the road. I went out to see if there was anything in the App menu and came up with nothing. Do you ever see the white fender lights on? If not, might be a lose fuse. It is a common issue from the factory. Good luck!

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
I’m pretty sure the fender lights are controlled by the daytime running lights option in settings. Check to make sure they are set to on. Halos I believe are always on regardless of your DRL selection.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You can adjust it under settings on the Uconnect screen, but I believe the halos and fender LEDs are both on by default from the factory.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
My understanding is that some states require a certain amount of surface area be lit up for daylight running lights. The halos around the headlights look cool, but don't satisfy the law's size requirements. Therefore the fender flares work to fill this gap. No idea if Wisconsin is one of the states.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
My understanding is that some states require a certain amount of surface area be lit up for daylight running lights. The halos around the headlights look cool, but don't satisfy the law's size requirements. Therefore the fender flares work to fill this gap. No idea if Wisconsin is one of the states.
No states require DRLs, so I doubt there are any surface area requirements. However, some countries that require DRLs might. ;)

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
No states require DRLs, so I doubt there are any surface area requirements. However, some countries that require DRLs might. ;)
Damn, I was confusing DRL with brake light surface area requirements (which are fed reg's, not state-by-state). They're the reason that Audi's have that cool sequential rear turn signals, but then have to augment them with a second turn rear turn signal.
Sponsored