Sponsored

11.1.4 "new feature" Added ability for Rubicon fenders DRL’s to be used on Sport

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I did the upgrade to 11.1.4 and applied it to my 2018 JLU Sport, with the Rubicon LED fender kit (Mopar
82215743AC) that was dealer installed. I have the 7" Uconnect unit for this,

With the 11.1.2 firmware, I was able to enable these lights.

When I did the upgrade, I did not see any difference. Still works, but nothing seems added.

What should I be seeing with this new feature? What is the added behavior?
What specific settings on the Tazer JL to I need to set in order to activate this?
From some threads, I should be seeing a DRL setting on the Uconnect? I do not see that on my Uconnect. Is there an additional setting on the Tazer I should be setting for this?
Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Set LEDFrTurn to OFF. Then back to ON.
Set DRLLoc to Dedicated.
Set DRLType to USA.

DRL’s should now work like they do on a Rubicon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

@Joe-zauto

I have Mopar LED front headlights, with Halos. Dealer installed Mopar accessory kit
Mopar Rubicon fenders with LED. Dealer installed Mopar accessory kit.
The rear LED lights with the blind spot detection stuff, factor installed.

Here is what I get:
Lights set to off: Halos only
Lights set to Parking: side markers on front and back, rear LED boarder is on, white LED on front indicators is on, halos are on
Lights set to on: same as parking, add front LED headlights are on
Lights set to Auto: during daylight, just the Halos.

I used the settings as prescribed above.
I also set all settings to off, rebooted, then set the settings to on, rebooted.

If I remember correctly, the front "side markers" lighting up is the new feature? Scenarios where the rear LED markers would light up and the front LED markers would not, now the Front LED markers are lit when ever the rear ones are.

Is what I am seeing the expected state?

Last edited:

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
@Joe-zauto

I have Mopar LED front headlights, with Halos. Dealer installed Mopar accessory kit
Mopar Rubicon fenders with LED. Dealer installed Mopar accessory kit.
The rear LED lights with the blind spot detection stuff, factor installed.

Here is what I get:
Lights set to off: Halos only
Lights set to Parking: side markers on front and back, rear LED boarder is on, white LED on front indicators is on, halos are on
Lights set to on: same as parking, add front LED headlights are on
Lights set to Auto: during daylight, just the Halos.

I used the settings as prescribed above.
I also set all settings to off, rebooted, then set the settings to on, rebooted.

If I remember correctly, the front "side markers" lighting up is the new feature? Scenarios where the rear LED markers would light up and the front LED markers would not, now the Front LED markers are lit when ever the rear ones are.

Is what I am seeing the expected state?
Side markers? We are talking about the dedicated white LED strips under the amber turns on the LED package turn signals, most commonly from LED Rubicon’s taken off and put on Sports.

Is that what you have? Until now, there was no way to make them work on sports like they did on sahara and rubicon.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Side markers? We are talking about the dedicated white LED strips under the amber turns on the LED package turn signals, most commonly from LED Rubicon’s taken off and put on Sports.

Is that what you have? Until now, there was no way to make them work on sports like they did on sahara and rubicon.
The "side markers" I am talking about are the amber lights on the side of the LED signal lights. If you look at the Jeep from the side, these are the lights that you see.

I do have the white light strip underneath the yellow turn signal. I think that these have been working for me the whole time! My fenders are the same LED fenders as what comes on the Rubicon with the LED option.

The white light strip you refer to is enabled in these two scenarios: light switch set to parking, and light switch set to ON.

If I have the switch set to Auto while it is daylight, I only get the halos that are on the headlight as on. When I am on Auto at night time, it is the same scenario as having the light switch set to on. The white strips that you refer to on the turn indicators are turned on with all the other lights.

Sponsored

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

@Joe-zauto

The short version - ok, I get it now.. they are working!

Longer version, the behavior is a bit weird. I have a manual transmission, so that may be a difference here.

With the lights in Auto, and the vehicle on (or engine running), all I get are the halo lights around the main headlamps.

When I get ready to drive, about one second later, the white LED lights on the fenders fire up. This must be the DRL mode. I will have the halos on, and the white LED fender lights on. When I use the signal indicator, the white LED lights will turn off when the yellow indicator light is lit. Looks pretty cool. I found a store window that had a great reflection, so I played with this a bit.

When I jumped out of the jeep to take a picture to show you..... only the halos on the front headlamps were lit.. got back in the jeep to drive, fender lights come up again.

Please file this one away as the weird situation in which these things actually operate!

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S

Hey Joe,

I’m sure this can’t work, but is there a way to make something like the Diode Dynamics Switchback LEDs come on like the Rubicon lights do as DRLs? I don’t have the Rubicon fenders yet, although with this update I probably need to get that done.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Hey Joe,

I’m sure this can’t work, but is there a way to make something like the Diode Dynamics Switchback LEDs come on like the Rubicon lights do as DRLs? I don’t have the Rubicon fenders yet, although with this update I probably need to get that done.
@joe@zauto I’ll also wondering if this is possible with Oracle fender bulb switch-backs. Can those of us with sport fenders and switch-back bulbs turn on the DRL function with the Tazer Mini and have it work correctly (aka like a Rubicon)?

I saw another thread that said it won’t work because only the amber part of the switch-back will be lit at all times, NOT the white portion.

I actually bought my Tazer for this reason and received it today. Was disappointed at the thought of it not working :(
Sponsored