Sponsored

Underseat Lockbox for a firearm.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I want the gun with me so that I can shoot them as they try to escape.
If you want to stay out of prison, you might not want to try that tactic. Even in the 'Stand your ground' states, I'm pretty sure you can't legally shoot a fleeing assailant. They should have covered that in your CCW class?

I suggest waving 'Bye Felicia' then collecting your insurance check.
Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I've been looking for something like this and I think I am going to pull the trigger (heh get it) on the center console lock box. For all those saying "get your CCW!" - I have my CCW and I have my gun on me all the time, but sometimes you have to go somewhere (like my work) where you can't bring a firearm in and you need to leave it in the vehicle. I would rather have something that is at least a bit more secure than the center compartment lock. I feel like if you pulled hard enough with just your hands then it would open. I also understand that if someone wants to get in they will, but it will also deter the thieves that aren't prepared to open something like that.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think is the biggest firearm that will fit in this?
I usually lock up a Glock 43 in its kydex IWB holster in the Tuffy version of that console. I am pretty confident I could get a Glock 19 in its kydex holster into it. I will try. I will also see if I can get a full size SR9 into it. I think there is a chance, but it might be tight.

I also have a Tuffy tailgate security cabinet. I can get a Tavor in there or an AR15 carbine, so pistols are no problem.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
A little off topic but I think I’m going to pick one of these up since they’re no longer a Type 1 firearm. I’ve wanted one for years and I think I can stuff one in a right spot.

98D99FAD-17CB-4C84-B6E6-90B2297DDB5A.jpeg

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
A little off topic but I think I’m going to pick one of these up since they’re no longer a Type 1 firearm. I’ve wanted one for years and I think I can stuff one in a right spot.

98D99FAD-17CB-4C84-B6E6-90B2297DDB5A.jpeg
I like these too, I want an ar9 or maybe extar ep9 but these look and work awesome. Plus I already have a glock 19 gen5

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have a CCW and have been carrying for over 30 years. I do not like to leave my gun in the car, but sometimes it cannot be avoided...

I had one of those biometric lock boxes (gift from my wife) mounted in the trunk of my other car... it was flimsy, and would not open reliably; I would not recommend one.

I have flown to Alaska several times and taken two handguns with me. The airlines require a locking case, of course, and ammunition can be in the same case, as long as it is in it’s original ammo box, or a special ammo box. Before my first flight I looked at several locking gun cases, most were well over $100. I found the cases to be marginal, with cheap hinges, latches, or locks.

I made my own locking case out of a steel .50 cal ammo can. I cut a slot in the locking plate big enough for a u-bolt to clear. I bolted the u-bolt to the can with nylon nuts on the inside. I painted it black because it had “.50 cal ammunition” printed on the side and I didn’t want a baggage handler to freak out. I used a beefy padlock to lock it up. The whole thing, including the lock was less than $30. The airlines make you unlock it, and step back, so they can look inside. Then you re-lock it, and it gets checked with the other baggage. They asked me were I got it and I told them I made it. They said it was much better than the usual ones they see.

The .50 cans are kind of wide, but a .30 cal can would probably fit under the seat, on its side; and it could be bolted to the floor. Quick access ? no. Secure? Yes. And dirt cheap!
Can you post some pics?
Sponsored