Sponsored

Upgrade of UConnect 3 5" to Phoenix Automotive 9" Octa-Core Android Navigation Radio

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Yes, I would very much be interested in seeing the settings. I will say that when I put the vehicle in reverse the radio unit senses it and displays the screen like I am in reverse, but in the center of the screen is a yellow yield sign. I take this to mean that something is hooked up correctly for the radio to at least know the vehicle is in reverse, but the camera is unable to display an image.

upload_2019-9-15_20-50-51.jpeg
Is that with the fakra to rca plugged in? I assumed that when I get that cable in that it would work. I'll try to get the settings posted but assumed it would work since I don't have the cable in. The way that the backup camera works is that it is turned on by a totally separate wire than the camera itself. Since it was turning on, i was hoping that plugging the fakra to rca would make the video work and then this would work the signal to reverse.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gramanero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JL)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that with the fakra to rca plugged in? I assumed that when I get that cable in that it would work. I'll try to get the settings posted but assumed it would work since I don't have the cable in. The way that the backup camera works is that it is turned on by a totally separate wire than the camera itself. Since it was turning on, i was hoping that plugging the fakra to rca would make the video work and then this would work the signal to reverse.
Yes, I believe I still have the fakra cable plugged in but I what I think I have incorrect is the RCA port that the fakra cable is plugged into. I am waiting to get some pics of another guy that has the back-up camera working to see how he wired it up. I know he used a fakra cable to RCA adapter, but just not sure exactly which RCA plug he plugged it into.

Oh, and I have not forgotten about getting you pics of the English version of the manual. It really isn't much, but I set it out and then kept forgetting to take the pics. Sorry about the delay. I will try to get to it today.

OP
OP

gramanero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

gramanero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely! I can do that for sure and I agree on not stripping wires. Much rather have the proper connectors. As a side note, I got Apple CarPlay working this morning, very much stoked. I followed the video that I posted in this thread but the one bit that I had not done was to ensure that Siri was enabled. Honestly never used Siri however once I enabled Siri Apple CarPlay works as expected using the Phoenix Automotive Apple CarPlay USB dongle. So .... I just continue to check things off my list of stuff to get working. The last piece will be the back-up camera. More to come once that gets vetted out.
I took pics of the manual. Like I said before, it's not much and not terribly helpful but at least this is in English as opposed to Russian. ;-) I put all of the images into a Microsoft Word document. I hope that works for you. If not, let me know and do this in a manner that is preferrable to you.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

Sponsored

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

gramanero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is great! Much better than the two pager in russian that I received haha. The interface does look different but most of these functions should be the same on any android tablet. btw T'eyes does have an internet manual and google can do a google translate. That helped me a bit in looking at the different functions. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://faq.teyes.ru/&prev=search
I'm curious as to why the screens look different. It is the same sterio unit, but a perhaps different version of the Android O.S.? I would really expect that for a unit specific to the Jeep Wrangler 2018-2019, that the menuing would look and feel identical. Just weird.

I am a software guy by trait, so I think about this sort of stuff all the time. I just suck at the hardware side of things. LOL

Reactions: UNC

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious as to why the screens look different. It is the same sterio unit, but a perhaps different version of the Android O.S.? I would really expect that for a unit specific to the Jeep Wrangler 2018-2019, that the menuing would look and feel identical. Just weird.

I am a software guy by trait, so I think about this sort of stuff all the time. I just suck at the hardware side of things. LOL
Iā€™m sure that they have multiple developers so it might be a different unit.
Btw received my fakra and rca cable and no matter which rca yellow that I plug it in there is no camera feed. I was hoping that it would work. Let me know if you figure it out from that other guy

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any responses from the person who got it to work? I've reached out to the manufacturer and 0 response

Sponsored

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that I might have found a solution for all our camera problems. So this is an android unit as well and looks 95% the same as the unit that I have. This dealer is advertising that their factory camera setup will work and this appears to be the tool.
UPDATE: Called ADC and they said that Linkswell only makes 1 radio and 1 adapter. Called Linkswell and they said that ADC should be offering the adapter but at $140ish... They are going to give them a call and starting today anyone should be able to call ADC and get it ordered. Looks like I will be installing a new camera...

Last edited:

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I think that I might have found a solution for all our camera problems. So this is an android unit as well and look 95% the same as the unit that i have. This dealer is advertising that their factory camera setup will work and this appears to be the tool.
I'll give them a call and see if they could sell separately. I'll keep you posted.
Dealer?
Link?

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I searched for the numbers on the device and found nothing. I searched Google, ADC Mobile & Linkswell site with no results.
Camera_box1.jpg

UNC

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youā€™ll have to call ADC as they are Linkswellā€™s dealer. ADC didnā€™t think that they could sell individually but Linkswellā€™s guy (John) said that I could call ADC in 30 mins (around 3pm) and that ADC will be able to take the order. Per them, they are the only ones in the market with a solution. I havenā€™t found any other solutions.

I also called an electronics guy who fixes household electronics (TVs and stereos and such) and he immediately said that there is no way to marry a digital and analog signal unless it has a power supply and adapter. That is what these guys have done. Still 150 seems triple as much as Iā€™d be willing to pay.
Sponsored