ARIZONA - Short Notice Trail Run

Sputternutz

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
@jhonn236_AZ I posted on the FB group as well, I may be able to do an easy trail Sunday. the one Tom posted down by Box canyon looks fun (or even box canyon would be an easy fun trail). I am pretty open, but want to make sure it's a fairly easy trail with little chance for pinstriping. normally bulldog canyon would be a good to for me, but pretty smokey over there right now.
Hey guys, I hear there's a way to get from Seven Springs road to the I-17 without taking Bloody Basin road, wanna try it? Just kidding, I would be in for Box Canyon though.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have something planned for tomorrow?
I have no plans. still have the busted pumpkin though, so doubt I do anything. on a happy note, my 2020 order is in so now just a waiting game.

Sputternutz

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Anyone up for a run tomorrow? Thinking of doing Senator Highway from Prescott and lunch in Crown King.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hey guys, I hear there's a way to get from Seven Springs road to the I-17 without taking Bloody Basin road, wanna try it? Just kidding, I would be in for Box Canyon though.
So, I inadvertently took this trail yesterday! Backup from an accident on the 17 heading home from Sedona, so dh and I decided to take side roads! Got on up by cordes lake. We are awful map readers, evidently, or google maps hates us, but we ended up taking bloody basin, and whatever it becomes, all the way through hill and aled, a 3 hour trek through the wilderness all the way down to 7 Springs and on to cave creek. Only issue was a muddy bit near the turn off for new river (I think that was where the other trail went?) where another truck, who chose the same option over waiting in traffic, got stuck. I had to pull him out and tow him for a bit to higher ground. Beautiful out there, but the mud and rocks scratched the heck out of my paint! :(. Iā€™m getting it vinyl wrapped, dropped it off this morning, so thatā€™ll cover the scratches for a little bit. Poor dh was up til 11 pm power washing off the dirt! But it was beautiful out there! The pic is l-r dh, me, Guy I towed and another lady taking the same trail. We became a little caravan, nice people!

F5041720-8FB1-4D02-B4D8-4205541B7EEB.jpeg

49133595-000C-4979-BE80-CB4B9C1DA7B7.jpeg

7BF9E00A-AE05-4EDB-849D-EC0C705A3594.jpeg

3DD6759B-EE6D-4F82-ACB3-6F9CB512266D.jpeg

8653CEC2-2A92-4D81-A7DF-6388607F52D4.jpeg

Sponsored

Sputternutz

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Leading a group up the back way to Crown King this coming Saturday the 14th if anyone would like to tag along. PM me for details.

Atom44wat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Heading up to Broken Arrow again tomorrow. We always get there late. Despise early call times. We will be there at 11:00am.

Sputternutz

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
ā€œAll that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.ā€

- J.R. R. Tolkien

Maybe our experience gives a few of us a new meaning to that poem?

Lmao at ā€œgoat trailā€!

Goat trail, Jeep trail... they really are similar after all... well... they can be anyway, LOL!

Part of what we all experienced on this run is allot like what any adventurer would experience going into the unknown and trusting on his wit, skills and equipment to get him through. You were right. We were never really lost, but we were ā€œexploringā€ for a way out that we knew existed. (At least we presumed existed, based on the facts or data present to us, maps, etc.)

Now I realize that that isnā€™t part of the ā€œnormalā€ Jeep experience today, but it certainly has been in the past, and it did add a certain element of personal challenge beyond that of the normal, mundane ā€œWe are going here, this way, and everything is defined, and well establishedā€.

By the way, if you ever hear the words ā€œWe might get lost in the desertā€, or ā€œThe route isnā€™t completely knownā€ again, youā€™ll know what to expect!! Hahahaha!!

Just to be clear, we were all up for the challenge, capable in our skills and our rigs, whether we knew it or not. That is evidenced by us all stepping up, meeting the challenge despite our doubts, and coming through on the other side!

Jeeping into the unknown is not for everyone, to be sure. Some know itā€™s not for them before even trying it, presumably from some other life experience or fear...

There is only one way to find out if it is for you or not and thatā€™s to try it. Youā€™ll know right away if itā€™s for you or not after you experience it.
I think everyone should experience it a few times just to ā€œBe sureā€...

The anxiety, adrenaline, and test of your equipment and mettle can be quite addicting for those who are a little more extreme in their ā€œadventure streakā€.

I hope everyone here wonā€™t take this as Iā€™m a ā€œMadmanā€ and will continue to go out Jeeping with me!!
LMAO!!
So is everyone ready for a rerun? Maybe November 2nd or somewhere close to that?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Anyone up for a run tomorrow? Thinking of doing Senator Highway from Prescott and lunch in Crown King.
I would love to do this run some day. Iā€™m a newbie, not looking for anything technical. This looks to be my speed.
Sponsored