USB 1 Power Dash Cam

hiddenmickey

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Sport S
I used the USB A port (#1) in the dash to power my dash cam today. It worked fine, but I discovered that the dash cam was still on three hours after I turned the car off. Is there a way to cut power to that USB port when the car if off?
Sponsored

Jennitran

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I used the USB A port (#1) in the dash to power my dash cam today. It worked fine, but I discovered that the dash cam was still on three hours after I turned the car off. To find the best gps for truckers, just visit Autoguysland site for more info. Is there a way to cut power to that USB port when the car if off?
According what i read, The juice from USB ports albeit low amps, is always on whether car on or not. How long USB port is powered after the car is turned off? It depends on the setting of the energy saving feature. Note that even if this feature is set to "off," the car does go into energy saving mode between 10 PM and 5 AM, according to the manual. Since the USB is managed by the console computer, loss of power to the USB is related to the console computer going to sleep.

OP
OP

hiddenmickey

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Sport S
So there is an energy saving option in the settings menu?

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Reviving an old thread but it’s annoying to unplug my dashcam every time I park. Is there a way we can change the power behavior?