Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2019 JL Sport 2-door in sting grey.
This is my 2nd Wrangler.
(used to have a late 90's TJ.....even took the TJ on the Rubicon trail)
Also got to drive the YJ and JK.

I have a few questions:
-I am looking at purchasing 2018-2019 Rubicon wheels/tires. / Other then getting the TPMs installed, what about adjusting the speedometer or not needed? Firmware flash?
-Does Jeep Wave include 4 free oil changes? How are these redeemed by the dealer?
-Any recommendations for a JL trail rack for above the rear spare tire?

So far purchased the rubber OEM mats, OEM steps, and OEM Gas cap cover.
Also plan on getting the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop in twill.

Anyways, I love the Jeep and forgot how much I enjoyed my TJ.
My Macan S has been sitting in the garage for 4+ weeks while I drive the JL everyday. May need to invest into a trickle charger :)

thanks,
Greg
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Yes...Jeep Wave provided me with 4 oil changes and tire rotations. The dealer keeps record of them for you or at least in my case, they do. Adjusting the speedo for the 35" tires I have cost me $125 at the dealer but that was early on in the game for me...my JL is a tad over a year old now so the price could be less.

Enjoy!

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2019 JL Sport 2-door in sting grey.
This is my 2nd Wrangler.
(used to have a late 90's TJ.....even took the TJ on the Rubicon trail)
Also got to drive the YJ and JK.

I have a few questions:
-I am looking at purchasing 2018-2019 Rubicon wheels/tires. / Other then getting the TPMs installed, what about adjusting the speedometer or not needed? Firmware flash?
-Does Jeep Wave include 4 free oil changes? How are these redeemed by the dealer?
-Any recommendations for a JL trail rack for above the rear spare tire?

So far purchased the rubber OEM mats, OEM steps, and OEM Gas cap cover.
Also plan on getting the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop in twill.

Anyways, I love the Jeep and forgot how much I enjoyed my TJ.
My Macan S has been sitting in the garage for 4+ weeks while I drive the JL everyday.

thanks,
Greg
For the first question: if you change tire size then yes, you will need to get speedometer adjusted. The easiest way to do it is to buy a TazerJL, either the full, mini or lite. It will also allow you to do many other things to the Jeep as you go along and decide on modding, etc., such as LED lights and on and on. I just got the TazerJL full and love it.

The jeep wave does include 4 free oil changes/tire rotations. If to go to the site they will tell you how to redeem.

I have no clue on trail racks, never used them.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
FYI - The oil changes and rotations are 2 per year for 2 years (can't use all 4 in 1 year). I've been in for service twice now and didn't even mention Jeep Wave, I just asked for oil change and tire rotation. When they were done they just handed me the receipt and said I was all set.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
For the trail rack I have one from LoD but of course you need their bumper and tire carrier.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll just comment on the trail rack as I’ve been looking. I would recommend getting one that is attached to the bumper so it will support the weight. The LOD seems to have the most options, but I haven’t bought one yet. Wilderness racks also makes one that looks OK if you don’t want the bumper combo

paulp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Anyone try getting the Jeep wave oil change / tire rotation at a different dealership than where you purchased the car? When I did they told me the oil change and tire rotation weren't free but a $65 and $10 credit, respectively, under Jeep Wave. The reg price of the oil and tire were $120 and $55, so they wanted $100 after the credits. When I told them it should all be included, they told me that it's only if you get the service done where you bought it. Does this sound legit??

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Anyone try getting the Jeep wave oil change / tire rotation at a different dealership than where you purchased the car? When I did they told me the oil change and tire rotation weren't free but a $65 and $10 credit, respectively, under Jeep Wave. The reg price of the oil and tire were $120 and $55, so they wanted $100 after the credits. When I told them it should all be included, they told me that it's only if you get the service done where you bought it. Does this sound legit??
Thats complete BS ! 2 free oil changes and tire rotations a year= Jeep Wave......doesnt matter where you bought it...If you change your own this is a non issue.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
That can't possibly be true, what if you buy your vehicle out of state or hundreds of miles away. More dealer bulls**t to me. In the same vein as certain dealers will slow walk any warranty work because you didn't buy their overpriced Jeep there.

paulp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Is this something I can "report" to Jeep corporate or is every dealer free to set their own terms on what aspects of programs like this they want to adhere to?

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this something I can "report" to Jeep corporate or is every dealer free to set their own terms on what aspects of programs like this they want to adhere to?
Dealers have to stand by Jeep Wave . Its a corporate program !
Call- 1 844 533 7928...Jeep wave number..raise hell..but stay calm

Arpanilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2DR
I would find myself another dealer to go to. Even if it’s inconvenient. I had my first bad experience at my local dealership and I’ll never go back. Who knows if they even did the work!

paulp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Thanks for the input. I'll contact Jeep and see what they say.

For anyone in northern New Jersey, beware of Paramus Chrysler Jeep on RT 4. Their service department will try to con you into paying for things you shouldn't need to pay for. Makes me glad I didn't buy from them.

paulp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Just to update everyone on what I found out. I called Jeep Wave, and they said there is technically a limit to what's normally covered for services. For the oil change it is $65 and tire rotation it's $10. Normally this is enough to cover the services at most dealerships. However, the particular dealership I went to had really really expensive service costs that Jeep Wave couldn't fully cover.

What ended up happening is that I'm having the dealership just do the work (since my car's already there for recall) and Jeep Wave is basically going to reimburse me the amount I'm paying out of pocket for the services.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a one off or if Jeep Wave is willing to cover the difference each time. But in order for me to do this I had to open a case with Jeep Wave. So, if anyone else is looking to go this route, I suggest contacting them first.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to update everyone on what I found out. I called Jeep Wave, and they said there is technically a limit to what's normally covered for services. For the oil change it is $65 and tire rotation it's $10. Normally this is enough to cover the services at most dealerships. However, the particular dealership I went to had really really expensive service costs that Jeep Wave couldn't fully cover.

What ended up happening is that I'm having the dealership just do the work (since my car's already there for recall) and Jeep Wave is basically going to reimburse me the amount I'm paying out of pocket for the services.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a one off or if Jeep Wave is willing to cover the difference each time. But in order for me to do this I had to open a case with Jeep Wave. So, if anyone else is looking to go this route, I suggest contacting them first.
I am not pleased with the Jeep wave response. You cant get a synthetic oil change for 65 bucks anywhere. Plus the dealer told you if you had bought it there they would not have charged you. Un fkn real
Sponsored