Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Took the rest of my Dirty Life DT-1 simuated rings off, wow. I would caution people who are considering these, you might not be lucky as some of the others here. (these have never been removed prior to this)

20190915_081745.jpg

20190915_084641.jpg

MVIMG_20190915_081654.jpg

MVIMG_20190915_081701.jpg
Havent taken mine off yet, now im curious

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Havent taken mine off yet, now im curious
Check them out, I talked to Quadratec yesterday about price and ETA of the Hutchinsons and mentioned the story of these wheels. He said he recently had the same story from another person that just got done returning theirs.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
In his videos he seems like a cool guy but if you ever get on that forum and read he’s sounds like an arrogant dick and he really pushes certain products and shits all over anything that he doesn’t use.
I dunno. I've exchanged a few PM's with him and he was very nice and very helpful.

It is really hard to judge people from afar. I've been wrong enough times that I'm getting more hesitant to do that as I get older. Besides, my wife says I can sometimes be an asshole, too, so maybe he just has his moments.

If I don't like an internet expert, I just move on.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Check them out, I talked to Quadratec yesterday about price and ETA of the Hutchinsons and mentioned the story of these wheels. He said he recently had the same story from another person that just got done returning theirs.
Ah bummer, had mine too long to return unfortunatly

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Recently installed a Tazer Mini, front facing camera, and CoolTech flat tow wiring harness.

It’s not hi-def, but I definitely recommend a forward facing camera for off-roading. The hood is massive!

E338E9AA-9647-431B-935F-F5B0EACE9995.jpeg

FF216F4F-1902-4527-8C91-7F5F39819378.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Took the rest of my Dirty Life DT-1 simuated rings off, wow. I would caution people who are considering these, you might not be lucky as some of the others here. (these have never been removed prior to this)

20190915_081745.jpg

20190915_084641.jpg

MVIMG_20190915_081654.jpg

MVIMG_20190915_081701.jpg
Are those wheels new? That hole looks like someone used stainless steel bolts and didn’t use any grease or anti seize on them. Sorry you’re having to deal with that shit. If they’re new, I would imagine dirty life would step up.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the light and swapped out the track bar for the Steer Smarts Yeti XD. Simple & easy, but if you have the Fox ATS stabilizer (I do), you may have to remove it to get the track bar on (I did). You'd also have to make sure you position the adjuster tube bolts where they don't interfere with the stabilizer bracket. Overall, after measuring the length between the bushings, I had to set & tighten the adjuster tube clamps, set the bar, reinstall the stabilizer, & then tighten everything up. Well worth the effort.

ss_yeti_01.jpg

I was amazed at the difference in heft, weight, and appearance.
ss_yeti_02.jpg

I also mounted the @ROCK HARD 4X4 rear LCA skids. Solid, beefy, & weighty. I couldn't get the dang driver-side front LCA bolt off. I raised it up high enough to get leverage & tried everything in the arsenal...breaker bar...hammer, frog legs, eye of newt, witch hazel...I didn't bother with the passenger-side. Those m'effers are hold-on-for-dear-life-tight. They're on so tight, I noticed there are cracks on both sides of the bolts on each arm. Maybe even over-torqued. The rear bolts were tight, but didn't give me anywhere near this trouble. After over 2 hours, I gave up. Try again next weekend...suggestions & prayers are welcome.

LCA_01.jpg

LCA_02.jpg

LCA_03.jpg

LCA_04.jpg

LCA_05.jpg

Cornfed

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
I dunno. I've exchanged a few PM's with him and he was very nice and very helpful.

It is really hard to judge people from afar. I've been wrong enough times that I'm getting more hesitant to do that as I get older. Besides, my wife says I can sometimes be an asshole, too, so maybe he just has his moments.

If I don't like an internet expert, I just move on.
Yea and I’m definitely not trying to pass any judgement I’ve never spoken to the man and his tutorial videos are great but just reading through that forum makes me feel very grateful for all of you guys a lot more positivity and helpfulness over here.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the light and swapped out the track bar for the Steer Smarts Yeti XD. Simple & easy, but if you have the Fox ATS stabilizer (I do), you may have to remove it to get the track bar on (I did). You'd also have to make sure you position the adjuster tube bolts where they don't interfere with the stabilizer bracket. Overall, after measuring the length between the bushings, I had to set & tighten the adjuster tube clamps, set the bar, reinstall the stabilizer, & then tighten everything up. Well worth the effort.

ss_yeti_01.jpg

I was amazed at the difference in heft, weight, and appearance.
ss_yeti_02.jpg

I also mounted the @ROCK HARD 4X4 rear LCA skids. Solid, beefy, & weighty. I couldn't get the dang driver-side front LCA bolt off. I raised it up high enough to get leverage & tried everything in the arsenal...breaker bar...hammer, frog legs, eye of newt, witch hazel...I didn't bother with the passenger-side. Those m'effers are hold-on-for-dear-life-tight. They're on so tight, I noticed there are cracks on both sides of the bolts on each arm. Maybe even over-torqued. The rear bolts were tight, but didn't give me anywhere near this trouble. After over 2 hours, I gave up. Try again next weekend...suggestions & prayers are welcome.

LCA_01.jpg

LCA_02.jpg

LCA_03.jpg

LCA_04.jpg

LCA_05.jpg
Annnnd.... the track bar is your favorite color....:rock:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Annnnd.... the track bar is your favorite color....:rock:
I'm partial to orange, but arrest-me-red is high up on The List, depending on what it is or who's wearing it.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Are those wheels new? That hole looks like someone used stainless steel bolts and didn’t use any grease or anti seize on them. Sorry you’re having to deal with that shit. If they’re new, I would imagine dirty life would step up.
They are taking them back, yes they were new!

LeftyMD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Finally had some time to install the Zeon 10S. Went ahead and used the Arctec winch plate, which was very straight forward. The only issue I had was placing the final inferior bolt to the frame. Had to use a wobbly and do some crazy hand gymnastics to get it in. I don't think I was able to fully tighten it as much as I'd want but should be fine. Has anyone else had any similar issues? Overall very happy and it looks :muscle:

20190915_204058113_iOS.jpg
20190915_230209592_iOS.jpg
20190915_232749496_iOS.jpg