35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Did they do yours? I'm waiting to hear from someone who had it done 1st hand. One of the dealerships I checked with here at first told me they could do it for 120 bucks. Then when I called to make the appointment, they said they could not do it.
Mine said they cant do it either
Sorry I missed your response. I won't be doing much offroad, mainly just normal driving. The reason I want the 37's was cosmetic only. I have seen some pictures that show 2'' lift and the 35's look small, where other 35's look good. My local dealer has a JLUR on 37's and I like the way it looks. I haven't made up my mind yet what I am going to do.
I'd try to see one with 35s in person, mine doesn't seem that disproportional. Once you get up next to it mine is perfect with 35s, 37s would just be too much. 35s will be able to get me anywhere I plan on going with it, even once its paid off and I look to take it offraod more as my second car. 37s are pretty big if you do not plan on offroading. You'll lose a little handling, on-road performance, possible warranty (please nobody open up a giant can of worms for me saying that), etc...
At end of day it is best part about owning a jeep though, mod it to what you want! Just giving my input, but go wild. Thats what we are all buying on for afterall!
Sponsored

ijeep2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon (Sand Spider) and 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (RedCat)
Did they do yours? I'm waiting to hear from someone who had it done 1st hand. One of the dealerships I checked with here at first told me they could do it for 120 bucks. Then when I called to make the appointment, they said they could not do it.
I am picking up my new JL Rubi tomorrow, after 60 days it is finally in. I have an appt next Wednesday for the lift, tires, etc including the flash. I will know first hand then. But I talked to them in person Monday, I known this guy at the dealership for years, I feel he would shoot me straight.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What offset and BS did you end up going with? I am still struggling with that, they seem to be all over the place for the Rubicon
Thanks everyone for the likes/compliments.
The XD229 are 9" wide with a -38mm offset, and a 3.5" Backspace. I anticipate them sticking out fairly far, but with the wheeling I like to do I would much rather my tires make contact before any body parts. I made the mistake of going with wide fenders and wheels/tires that fit inside them on my first JK. My second offroad trip while climbing muddy terrain the Jeep slipped and hit the rear(plastic) flare. The flare had a small scratch in it, but it pushed the rear portion of the body in a good inch. Fortunantly it didn't take much to pop it back out, but the day we came back I ordered narrow fender flares and never had that problem again.

cbriggs9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Mine said they cant do it either

I'd try to see one with 35s in person, mine doesn't seem that disproportional. Once you get up next to it mine is perfect with 35s, 37s would just be too much. 35s will be able to get me anywhere I plan on going with it, even once its paid off and I look to take it offraod more as my second car. 37s are pretty big if you do not plan on offroading. You'll lose a little handling, on-road performance, possible warranty (please nobody open up a giant can of worms for me saying that), etc...
At end of day it is best part about owning a jeep though, mod it to what you want! Just giving my input, but go wild. Thats what we are all buying on for afterall!
Thanks for the advice, I will do that for sure before I decide which way to go!

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have a standard garage door(7' I believe) I have had several lifted JK's(3.5-4") with 37's and never came close to touching even when I tried 40's. I can't Imagine the JL sits that much higher than a JK.

I started putting together my 37's/beadlocks today so that I wouldn't spend so much time on this forum. Not having my JL is starting to get depressing.
Beadlocks assembled.jpg
That is a great looking tire! Would you mind posting picks when you done? Let us know how this tires feel?

Sponsored

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
EA164624-C0ED-4193-8826-F84F4619C0E9.jpeg
Installed 2” Mopar lift w/ 37” tires and the ABS light came on and can not reset also the backup camera does not work now. Any help would be appreciated
Sorry, no help. However, thank you for suffering FCA's FCAness so early on, I hope you can find some consolation in the fact that by solving here your experience will benefit others. You also win my award for most tastefully accomplished bro-dozer in a JL thus far. I'm not trying to damn with faint praise whatsoever, full color-matching granite remains the only choice I think I wouldn't regret at some point (barring being smashed into when in the city because I blended into all the other greyness).... and those wheels... very nice....this machine was designed to run 37s with minor changes, it is clear. Probably this is the first Wrangler designed for the trail as a long wheelbase 4 door. I expect jk designers and execs assumed 2 door would remain trail king and four door take-up on the trail much less than it in fact was.

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
That center cap/hole diameter is not a dimension I paid attention to, until now.
By way of some of your pics it seems you were able to secure the AEV wheel to the carrier. Did you use a spacer? I am pretty dead set on these wheels but obviously don't want to buy if they absolutely won't fit. My wheel/tire guy says it shouldnt be a problem if we use a spacer (assuming there is enough exposed thread. I am going to mount 285/70-17. Would love any additional insights.

Will get the procomp 7069 if i have to but really prefer the AEV.

thanks a lot @VJ Smedlo

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
35’s with no lift.

24148799-4A5E-4A2F-B875-32446DB3E48B.jpeg

My backup camera looks like this now. Anyway of fixing this?
3FE1CBAA-33FC-4B9F-88B9-C1BED29B337C.jpeg
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I was wondering what size your wheels are? 20's?

Great looking Jeep!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question but I was wondering what size your wheels are? 20's?

Great looking Jeep!
Thank you! Yes they are 20’s with 35inch tires

Sponsored

AustinE

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JLUR (Ordered)
330B7ED5-4DC6-4B28-86A8-079A76400D86.jpeg
638F4E19-1B97-45D6-8320-4B2047200ED5.jpeg
Thanks to all the information on this threat, I pulled the trigger this morning. I put 35s on 20” wheels with no offset. Love them.

064C20C0-D128-4578-A0E1-02F117F71D17.jpeg
that thing looks good!
is it stock or lifted?
also, would you be able to post a couple pics from the front and rear?

Brodiec27

First Name
Brodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
779A24EF-5DB5-40CC-B8A9-ACFCD348E848.jpeg
B7E209F8-0605-42A8-9ACA-1D3EFCE9A705.jpeg
9E05E0A4-01A1-4D62-B01F-FBCC7C6B5B40.jpeg
202ABEE7-9690-46E6-9D29-97D630F8FFBB.jpeg
Sorry, no help. However, thank you for suffering FCA's FCAness so early on, I hope you can find some consolation in the fact that by solving here your experience will benefit others. You also win my award for most tastefully accomplished bro-dozer in a JL thus far. I'm not trying to damn with faint praise whatsoever, full color-matching granite remains the only choice I think I wouldn't regret at some point (barring being smashed into when in the city because I blended into all the other greyness).... and those wheels... very nice....this machine was designed to run 37s with minor changes, it is clear. Probably this is the first Wrangler designed for the trail as a long wheelbase 4 door. I expect jk designers and execs assumed 2 door would remain trail king and four door take-up on the trail much less than it in fact was.
Thank you. Here are some pics from today

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I know you asked for with lift pictures, but here are a few of 37's without. My temporary lift should be going on within the next week so I can keep them on, just wanted to test fit them as soon as I picked up my JL
37s no lift 2.jpg
37s no lift.jpg

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that whole combo is looking great so far, will be even better with the lift.

When you get a chance can you get a shot from the front showing how far the tires stick out.
Sponsored