My easy to make Hard top Cart.

Motorradray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU MOAB/ 15 Tesla Model S 90D
Hello! New to the JEEP Wrangler world. I've had many cars in my past, from Miata's that I've built up with turbos, Honda s2000, multiple BMW M3's and Porsche 911's, the Wrangler is completely different from everything I've ever driven. So far I am really enjoying it. Anyway, after reading through multiple posts and watching many youtube videos on creating a hard top cart.. Here's what I came up with:

2 - Harbor Freight Furniture Dollys30"x18" $15.99 before 20% coupon
2 - 2x4 60"
1 - 2x4 @ 50"
14 - 2.5" Screws.
(The following can be replaced by using carpet or whatever you want to use to pad your cart with. I just had this stuff laying around.)
1 - Rear Tesla Model S floor mat. To protect the lower window. I used screws to secure it to the cart.
1 - 40"x72" Harbor fright moving blanket - 4.99 before 20% coupon

Attach the 60" 2x4 to the top and bottom as shown below making sure it's square with both carts.

CP30Scbs1nLR_wlzzVESYk_aH7Tf45_PyXHxNTWc9OI57jC4DfL-Vwsx2h8m_x-2dvw1zko_xQDLtTi2m=w3630-h2722-no.jpg

The location of the top where most other designs just stack short pieces of 2x4's I just used the single 50" 2x4 and screwed it down. This is where I attached the tesla Model s rear floor mat I had laying around. It happened to be just over 50" in length. For the bottom of the cart where the window edge sits, I just laid down the moving blanket across. That's it! Clears the wiper blade. I can move it easily around in my garage...

dnYTaOlkVtiZUfe3AxeWhjuPZrJjzvb-kFlnu0gYQH02dMvF-NGTof5TW2ioGkwRX5abRnEU4ep_Odnfc=w3630-h2722-no.jpg

s0qbfzdVcdAuYYkTwDzXIpRnxiiICbDhp1cGRL9e_xHniM9ojQ2emESub8Dv-HxelwvUHJa2oqWCrKNZ3=w2042-h2722-no.jpg

It probably took me 20 minutes to make.

Enjoy!
Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
i like the idea i wonder if you can use the dollys as a base and make a higher platform that can butt up to the jeep to make removing the hardtop easier. i guess ill have to make a trip to home depot and get some supplies and see if i can make one.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
i like the idea i wonder if you can use the dollys as a base and make a higher platform that can butt up to the jeep to make removing the hardtop easier. i guess ill have to make a trip to home depot and get some supplies and see if i can make one.
Should be easy enough. Either wood frame or unistrut.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Fyi, if anybody is into woodworking (furniture, tool mobile bases, etc.) or homebrewing (wheeled brew sculpture)...

Those furniture dollies are a great, economical source of high capacity casters.
Sponsored