JLmartacus

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my Tazer JL for 3 weeks now. I updated the firmware before installing it to make sure I was running the latest. I'm also experiencing the intermittent issue with the Auto Start Stop disable feature. I just emailed their support before finding this thread. I'll see what they say and then maybe try LagunaJim1's procedure above if I get nothing from Zautomotive.
Sponsored

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
Hi. Just to be clear, I do NOT disable my auto start stop - I don’t mind it.

My procedure discusses a solution for the auto start stop error condition after changing tire size & gear ratios. You have to re-learn the Jeep after those mods.

/jim

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I've had my Tazer JL for 3 weeks now. I updated the firmware before installing it to make sure I was running the latest. I'm also experiencing the intermittent issue with the Auto Start Stop disable feature. I just emailed their support before finding this thread. I'll see what they say and then maybe try LagunaJim1's procedure above if I get nothing from Zautomotive.
Yea, this is a something Z auto has not figured out yet. I say it works 70% of the time.

JLmartacus

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, this is a something Z auto has not figured out yet. I say it works 70% of the time.
Official response from Z Automotive:
That's a known issue that we're currently figuring out how to fix. The setting will stick ~90 percent of the time right now.

:(

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^^^so is this still true with 11.0.9?

I just installed my Tazer Mini and everything seems to be working except the ESS kill. Sometimes it lights up once or twice shortly after start-up but has not yet "held".

Only driven it about 3 times so far, but each time I shut it down w ESS OFF

@joe@zauto

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
New firmware was released and the changelog says it made alot of improvements to the ESS sticking. We'll see... Unfortunately I forgot to unmarry it before I updated the firmware. I'm not sure what I should do at this point...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
New firmware was released and the changelog says it made alot of improvements to the ESS sticking. We'll see... Unfortunately I forgot to unmarry it before I updated the firmware. I'm not sure what I should do at this point...
E-mail Joe, but if I were you I would downgrade, unmarry, and then upgrade.

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Actually I did contact them (maybe Joe - I don't know) and he said it would be fine to just leave it. It could be dependent on the update but this one sounds like it's fine.

Sponsored

AZjeepMN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon 4dr
Actually I did contact them (maybe Joe - I don't know) and he said it would be fine to just leave it. It could be dependent on the update but this one sounds like it's fine.
Yeah, I confirmed with support that you don't have to unmarry and re-marry for this firmware update.

Flea987

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 it 2020jlu
Those with issues, do you have tow group / aux buttons?
Those have a different battery setup than the ones without.
And are you in a colder climate - did it act up when cold out?
I have 2 2020 jeeps. One is a gladiator one is a jl 2.0t. Both keep getting a code with the auto start stop light. Gladiayor keeps getting random misfire 0300, jlu keeps getting low idle 0506. Both get the codes after rough idle at startup, and both go away after restarting. Any chance this is related to the tazer? Both have jl minis.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Is anyone still experiencing this in 2022? It happened to me today but maybe it was just a fluke. Yesterday I turned off the engine when I was in drive (which leaves the engine on ACC for some reason), switched to park, and went from ACC to OFF. This morning, when I started the car, the Tazer didn't retain the "ESS off" setting and the engine turned off at a red light.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Is anyone still experiencing this in 2022? It happened to me today but maybe it was just a fluke. Yesterday I turned off the engine when I was in drive (which leaves the engine on ACC for some reason), switched to park, and went from ACC to OFF. This morning, when I started the car, the Tazer didn't retain the "ESS off" setting and the engine turned off at a red light.
Just had this happen to me today. Did you ever find a solution? My Tazer mini is no longer turning off ESS.

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Just had this happen to me today. Did you ever find a solution? My Tazer mini is no longer turning off ESS.
It happened just once to me, so I didn't bother investigating what caused it.
Sponsored