Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Monica and I were prepping for our little trip this weekend and was trying to decide how we were going to carry our tent in the Jeep with gear and dogs.

First, a little about the tent...it is a Ozark Trail 6-person Pop-up Tent. Yes, I said 6 person although it will only be a 3 1/2 creature tent for us (only counting the Chihuahua as 1/2...). The ends are the doors so we will set up twin air mattresses in the middle and have room at either end for Cooper and standing (as much as my 6 ft frame can stand in 4 ft space).
upload_2019-9-13_7-48-4.png

Here is a little video on how to fold the tent up...it is quite interesting actually.

Once you do all that...it packs away in a 3 ft diameter bag. Still too big to easily fit in a 2-door JL when you only have 1/2 the space behind the back seat...which is D I S M A L at best...due to the other things we are taking with us.

upload_2019-9-13_7-48-48.png

So, we came up with a plan...and I just hope it works. I strung a ratchet strap on the back of the roll cage just behind the cross bar. I also strung a string between the frame of the soft top in the upper corners. With these in place, I can slide the tent unto the cross bar and ratchet strap and pull it back to the string. The tent is flat enough that it doesn't push up on the top very much and I can still fold the top back if we want.

I will get pictures this weekend of everything in place. It should be quite interesting...and possibly a bit "rigged".
Sponsored

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS 3.6l, Manual (Timmychanga)
Occupation
Software Engineer (of sorts),
Morning all...getting ready to build a new garage to keep my new Jeep in. They came yesterday to tear down our old one..before it collapsed on us. Used a backhoe to take out the footings and concrete floor. On one corner of the footing, a date had been molded in, then covered by the sillplate: 1918. They cut the section out, and we'll fit it into the new garage structure. Cripes, who even had garages in 1918?
Sounds like retired life alright!

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Has anyone else ever trouble shot their soldering for an hour, only to find out you some how had put thin bailing wire in your soldering kit? Before drinking.... after a few gins I got it all figured out.
:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else ever trouble shot their soldering for an hour, only to find out you some how had put thin bailing wire in your soldering kit? Before drinking.... after a few gins I got it all figured out.
Not quite the same but I have installed something upside down in the dark once and I was in a rage when it didn't work. I felt rather stupid once I saw what I had done. :facepalm: