Halo DRL

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
anyone here know how to activate the halos on our headlights?
Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Short answer , you can’t

Need US headlight units and harness , do a search on here

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean our headlight unit does not have the halo? If it’s a matter to connecting the wire to the unused pin on the headlight housing, I’m pretty sure we can then connect the wire to the bcm

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you bro!

Sponsored

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
anyone here know how to activate the halos on our headlights?
Unfortunately the export LED’s only have 3 pins on both the headlight housing and the harness. Also the light doesn’t have any functional halo in it.

You can buy the oracle surface halo lights which look alright.

Otherwise you’ll have to buy a pair of American Jeep LED lights along with the harness. Even then you’ll probably need the Tazer JL to make them function correctly as I doubt the dealer would be able to figure out how to activate them seeing as export Wranglers don’t come with it.

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the export LED’s only have 3 pins on both the headlight housing and the harness. Also the light doesn’t have any functional halo in it.

You can buy the oracle surface halo lights which look alright.

Otherwise you’ll have to buy a pair of American Jeep LED lights along with the harness. Even then you’ll probably need the Tazer JL to make them function correctly as I doubt the dealer would be able to figure out how to activate them seeing as export Wranglers don’t come with it.
Thank you bro for your input! Guess I will get the US versions of the led headlights! Thank you!

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Thank you bro for your input! Guess I will get the US versions of the led headlights! Thank you!
Just to update you, I got USA headlights and managed to install them on my EU JL. I routed the halo cable to the fuse box and piggybacked off the cigarette lighter fuse to power the halo. Cigarette lighter is only active when ignition is on so it made perfect fuse to piggyback from.

One other thing to note is that our lights have a auto levelling thing that the USA ones won’t come with. It’s worth taking off the auto levelling device and replacing the manual ones that the USA light comes with.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Just to update you, I got USA headlights and managed to install them on my EU JL. I routed the halo cable to the fuse box and piggybacked off the cigarette lighter fuse to power the halo. Cigarette lighter is only active when ignition is on so it made perfect fuse to piggyback from.

One other thing to note is that our lights have a auto levelling thing that the USA ones won’t come with. It’s worth taking off the auto levelling device and replacing the manual ones that the USA light comes with.
That sounds like a lot of precise job was done, bravo.

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019

nice one!

can you post more details? any pics?

also where did you get them from?

Sponsored

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
nice one!

can you post more details? any pics?

also where did you get them from?
Yup I’ve attached a few pics. I was actually in the USA a few weeks ago so I picked them up while I was there, avoiding any shipping costs and import duty.

The process was simple, it’s just a simple headlight swap around and adding the halo wire to the existing harness.

I then routed the halo wire to the fuse box where I put in a fuse tap into the cigarette lighter. I didn’t really want to spend hours trying to route the cable to the BCM.

Migrating the auto levelling to the USA lights was also simple. The only painful part was clicking the auto levelling things into place into the USA lights.

0741C382-77D4-4AE8-A70D-F206B63B0A45.jpeg

6D004757-E86A-496E-8CCB-8711B0BB907B.jpeg

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Great stuff, do you mind posting up the cost ?

wish I had known you could have put a set for me in your luggage :LOL:

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hi! I too have gotten my US version headlights! Planning to install sometime next month! I am planning to run the wire to the bcm as I have a Tazer JL to activate the halos. I am a little confused about the auto levelling mechanics. So the auto levelling mechanism can be installed to the US headlights? May I request for a picture of how the auto levelling mechanism look like? Thank you!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Well... to be VERY honest, I'd probably either use the stock fender flares DRLs or just the HALO - personally I can't say they look great together.
Great stuff, do you mind posting up the cost ?

wish I had known you could have put a set for me in your luggage :LOL:
Yes, I also think that buying them brand new and shipping from the US wouldn't worth it, even I like the HALO DRLs look.

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup I’ve attached a few pics. I was actually in the USA a few weeks ago so I picked them up while I was there, avoiding any shipping costs and import duty.

The process was simple, it’s just a simple headlight swap around and adding the halo wire to the existing harness.

I then routed the halo wire to the fuse box where I put in a fuse tap into the cigarette lighter. I didn’t really want to spend hours trying to route the cable to the BCM.

Migrating the auto levelling to the USA lights was also simple. The only painful part was clicking the auto levelling things into place into the USA lights.

0741C382-77D4-4AE8-A70D-F206B63B0A45.jpeg

6D004757-E86A-496E-8CCB-8711B0BB907B.jpeg
Hi friend, would you happen to have a picture of the auto levelling things? Is it easy to migrate into the US Spec-ed headlights? Thank you!
Sponsored