Tazer and Mac (software)

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The last update I performed (about 6 months ago) on the Tazer didnt work due to performing it on my Macbook pro. Hassle, as it rendered my mini unusable until I found someone with a PC. Joe stated they had issues with the Software not working correctly- but that would be fixed shortly.

Question is, has anyone updated with a Mac recently that can confirm it works properly? Don’t want to repeat the last episode.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I haven't done the latest update, but did the one prior without issue on an iMac. Only issue I had which was mentioned in one of the other threads is that when you're done with the update, the updated firmware isn't reflected.

OP
OP

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I haven't done the latest update, but did the one prior without issue on an iMac. Only issue I had which was mentioned in one of the other threads is that when you're done with the update, the updated firmware isn't reflected.

Ok....So was the install finally a success/was the firmware updated? Are you saying it was indeed updated but the updated unit was displaying a former version of software?

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
The firmware was updated, but didnt show the correct version in the z app, apparently that has been fixed in the latest release

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The last update I performed (about 6 months ago) on the Tazer didnt work due to performing it on my Macbook pro. Hassle, as it rendered my mini unusable until I found someone with a PC. Joe stated they had issues with the Software not working correctly- but that would be fixed shortly.

Question is, has anyone updated with a Mac recently that can confirm it works properly? Don’t want to repeat the last episode.

Thanks in advance
I upgraded to 11.1.4 firmware the Monday before last. Worked fine. I’m on latest Mojave. Just be sure to download the latest ZPU app before you try upgrading your Tazer.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Just upgraded to 11.1.4 using the latest os on my MacBook Pro, no problems.
Sponsored