First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
. Of the ones that did get, I actually regret the LEDs a little. They're not "the top option I'd skip" but more than a couple times other drivers have flashed their brights at me, thinking I was being rude. Too bright, maybe?
not to get off topic. check in the lighting section on this forum. your issue is common. you just need to adjust your headlights down a little. i have aftermarket led bulbs and measured the same height as the stock one. i do get flashed once in a while.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I ordered a 2019 2 door Rubi with LEDs, safety, advance safety, premium soft top, heated seats/steering wheel, proximity, steel bumpers, 3.6 Auto, tow/aux switches, cloth seats, body colored fenders. I skipped the Mopar spare tire carrier, leather, hard top, "upgraded" wheels, trail group

After 9 months and 8000 miles, the only thing I may regret is the lifetime warranty. And that is only because I may want to do upgrades that a dealer may say will void the warranty. Yes, I know, some mods shouldn't void the warranty. I'm not here to debate the arguments.

I drive dark country roads, the LEDs are great. Yes, sometimes oncoming drivers don't like them, but I like being able to see deer in the fields near the road also. I actually like the way the steel front bumper looks, I know people have a problem with the rear bumper on trails. I may get aftermarket bumpers eventually, but I do not feel like it is a priority since I like the factory steel. Some don't like the body colored fenders, I like them more when I see older unpainted, sun faded fenders on Jeeps. Some don't like the adaptive cruise control, while I am not a huge fan of it, but some of the roads I take are country roads with speed limits that vary between 35-55mph. I can set the follow distance and not alternate between gas and brake pedals like the driver in front of me does. That doesn't mean I don't have to pay attention. The additional safety group is also good for an added layer of protection. I know most of you keep the radio off (or just never need to adjust the radio), never avert your eyes than what is absolutely necessary, and always have your hands at 10 and 2...unless a Jeep wave is necessary, but I work rotating shift work, I'll take any safety advantage I can get, for what isn't that much more money.

And I ordered the Mopar floormats. I should've just ordered those cheaper through an online Mopar store. I then would've had "spare" cloth mats also, but realistically, would those just be taking up space in my garage.

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
TRMS... it was installed on the JL we bought off the lot.

On the flip side:

- LEDs are great, I've heard they are much better than the normal lights. Better than the aftermarket RGB LEDs running around in my area.

- Proximity Locks are awesome also. I always keep my vehicles locked, its a habit. FOB is a pain to get out of the pocket, even at the end of the day. I wish they had the option to auto-lock as soon as the FOB is out of range. More importantly, this option can only be added at the factory.

- Love the leather and hardtop. We ave a 3yo so safety and ease of cleanup was in the back of mind.

- Tow and cold weather - like the beefier alternator and aux switches. We get all four seasons here in DC and the vehicle is kept outside, so it will be nice to be greeted with warm seats / steering wheel in the winters.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
steel bumpers, buy after
proximity keys, dont need
advanced safey dont need
With that kind of thought, I don’t need anything, really.
In fact, before I bought the Jeep, I didn’t need the Jeep.
Didn’t need a kid before I had it. Don’t need a wife either.
If I think a little more, I probably don’t even really need all my clothes or heck, even my home. Why burden yourself with anything in this life? Heck why even need a life?

With this train of thought, it’s a race to the bottom.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Dont need proximity because have key fob, dont use prox feature on my srt and overland since most time use the fob to start and allow to cool off in summer or heat up in winter. my thumb then unlock the door 2 seconds after I start it up, waste of 500$

dont need advanced safety because the radar cruise is useless in my area and more to break, the sensor on wk2 and lx is 1600$ when it fails, I can drive thank you so dont need the nanny

steel bumpers I can buy later or go after market,

are you happy now??

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thank you, this thread made me realize that I didn’t need anything in my life.
I didn’t need the Jeep.
Walking is perfectly fine, or biking, or public transit heck, Fix-It-Again-Tony can strike from the shadows anytime, and why would I want to put myself in such a precarious situation when that happens? Oh no, just the thought of that would make my knee caps buckle under its own weight.
Thank you jlwranglerforum for this enlightening revelation, creature comforts was a figment of my imagination and how foolish I was to want something so vain. Thank you jlwranglerforum for guiding me through this white noise known as life and everything is more quiet and I see clearly now.
Everything is a burden.
I don’t need it.
Everything is a risk.
I don’t need it.
Everything is nothing.
Nothing is freeing.
Thank you.
I say goodbye to all my possessions.
Comfort is a sin.
I now lay naked on the ground.
Motionless.
I am free.

/sarcasm

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Arterius2

title of thread was what factory option you would pass on, not to rip someone else for their choice.

So guess you bought every option for your Sahara?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Thank you, this thread made me realize that I didn’t need anything in my life.
I didn’t need the Jeep.
Walking is perfectly fine, or biking, or public transit heck, Fix-It-Again-Tony can strike from the shadows anytime, and why would I want to put myself in such a precarious situation when that happens? Oh no, just the thought of that would make my knee caps buckle under its own weight.
Thank you jlwranglerforum for this enlightening revelation, creature comforts was a figment of my imagination and how foolish I was to want something so vain. Thank you jlwranglerforum for guiding me through this white noise known as life and everything is more quiet and I see clearly now.
Everything is a burden.
I don’t need it.
Everything is a risk.
I don’t need it.
Everything is nothing.
Nothing is freeing.
Thank you.
I say goodbye to all my possessions.
Comfort is a sin.
I now lay naked on the ground.
Motionless.
I am free.

/sarcasm
On a thread made about passing on factory options, someone who lists which options they'd pass on gets your panties in a bunch? This is a new level of cringe.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
When making the option decisions on the JL we just ordered, the conversation with my wife went like this:

Captain Obvious: You want this one?
Admiral Obvious: Yes.
Captain Obvious: OK.

Therefore, I'm happy with all of them.

That said, I don't understand body colored hard tops. Textured black is just a Jeep thing. I hated body colored fenders until the JL, now I don't mind them probably because the outside edge is still textured black. Got them so that we don't have as much black plastic to worry about fading and turning grey over time, plus the ones on our JK stained really easily.

I love adaptive cruise, makes those long boring highway trips in Iowa a bit easier. The auto braking also discounts my insurance a not-insignificant amount. Cloth traps dog hair, so leather it is.I have the 8.4 screen in my Ram and it's awesome, so check that box too. After dealing with terrible headlights on the JK, LED got checked off too.

With all that said, I was and still am kind of a "Jeeps should be spartan" kind of guy, however this one is for my wife as her daily driver, and I have to admit, we don't off-road anymore like we did in California. If we were still going to the rocks and mud every weekend, things would be different. Namely, I'd buy an old Jeep like the YJ we used to have, and use that.

I admit it. My name is Captain Obvious, and I am a mall crawler. *breaks down in tears*

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Leather, metal bumpers, alpine sound system (infinity is better), ugly plastic side steps, rock crawler rock sliders (expensive and meh), sirius XM, cold weather group, jeep trail kit, body colored top (they're SO tacky).

I actually like the safety group, I've driven rentals with it and it is really good for CA freeways. They DON'T replace blind spot checking, you are always still supposed to look back. But they offer a second check. I am 100% sure everyone here has switch lanes at least once in their lifetime without checking, you probably don't remember because you didn't notice. But we are all humans and we make mistakes, blind spot sensors could literally save your life and others. Technology is always better, believe it or not, even though it can fail, it is still statistically safer because it is a damn computer.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Leather, metal bumpers, alpine sound system (infinity is better), ugly plastic side steps, rock crawler rock sliders (expensive and meh), sirius XM, cold weather group, jeep trail kit, body colored top (they're SO tacky).

I actually like the safety group, I've driven rentals with it and it is really good for CA freeways. They DON'T replace blind spot checking, you are always still supposed to look back. But they offer a second check. I am 100% sure everyone here has switch lanes at least once in their lifetime without checking, you probably don't remember because you didn't notice. But we are all humans and we make mistakes, blind spot sensors could literally save your life and others. Technology is always better, believe it or not, even though it can fail, it is still statistically safer because it is a damn computer.
Exactly, having it and not needing it is always better than needing it and not have it.
Same logic applies to things we already take for granted, like seat belts.
Everyone thinks they are the best drivers on the road before they get into an accident. Then comes the ego check.
Seat belt doesn't make you better drivers, you can make the argument that you don't need seat belts because you "know how to drive", but you can't control or predict how others drive and you need to protect yourself from that. It might save you when you need it - even if it doesn't work all the time.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Things on the Jeep =
1. The LED. The Halo in the headlights look stupid. The size and the shape are the rear tail lights. They are just asking to be ripped off on a trail.

2. Painted fenders. Thought I could live with them.

3. Tires. Should have got the M/T's.

Things I did not get =
1. Steel bumpers. Had it the JK. You can't even rub against the front bumper.

2. Adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, backup sensors. Those things are great any other vehicles but not great on a vehicle that goes on trails.

3. Hardtop. Even with snow and cold Winters premium top that's all I need. Plus one other thing I don't have to worry about on the trail.

4. Navigation. Android auto is so much better.
I'm still a little torn on whether or not to get Navigation. For most places that we'd roam, cell coverage and phone navigation will suffice. But in car Navigation systems rely on seeing satellites, whether or not cell coverage is available.

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Speedometer
I really don't know if you mean this in a cutesy way or mean to say that the analog reading's no longer required given the digital one.:)
Sponsored