Sponsored

Jeep vs Defender

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite

You have absolutely no idea if this is true. You have no data to back up your claims. i see these claims thrown around a lot around here. It's complete and utter speculation.

Stop repeating false claims that have no data backing.
Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I don't think there is any Defender that can match even a Sport in capability. because of the solid axles. Even a sport could go through some serious articulation sections and leave the defender crying on the side of the trail.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Well I stand by what I said in this thread back in June,...

Anybody waiting for the Defender expecting it to be a utility vehicle or have serious off road capability is going to be disappointed. There is simply not the market for it at the price point that Land Rover will have to pitch it at. Farmers have moved on, they buy Japanese pick ups because they take abuse and donā€™t break down. Plus they cost a LOT less. The UK market for off road capable vehicles is small.

The new defender will be seen doing the school run, at the shopping malls and be driven by urban hipsters.

IFS and a load of computer controlled ā€˜off roadā€™ capabilities are what they expect and thatā€™s what theyā€™re going to get.

Recent Land Rover products have been over complicated and under developed and as a result unreliable. In the UK customers also have to deal with dreadful dealerships and arrogant Land Rover management who wonā€™t even acknowledge well publicised common faults.

All this is why I bought my JLUR.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
You must not see the plethora of Trailering disaster videos that flood the internet. What do they all have in common? They are from European Countries LOL. They can't drive for shit in Europe much least do it with a bigger vehicle and trailer.

And if you actually knew what you were talking about you would know people don't drive pickup trucks and big SUV's in Europe because of their Gas Prices, Diesel Prices and their whole Transportation infrastructure can't sustain them. You ever see the size of European Roads and Parking spaces?

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Lol

it doesnt matter bro.
The vw toureg is one of the most capable off roaders out there.
it failed.
why?
No authenticity.
Sane reason this abomination will fail.
This is a fake mall crawler pretending to be an off roader.
All the purists know its fake af. So therefore the wanna bes will have no one to impress.
gotta hand it to jeep - the JL is authentic. Its the anchor car that makes the other jeeps relevant.
with no true anchor car, land rover may as well be kia at this point.
Short TTM. You heard it here first.

I know this is a Wrangler forum. But you're delusional and likely have no idea what you're talking about.

PS: I'm not your bro. Nor do I respond to "chief" or "boss" ok dude? :like:

Reactions: Ape

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people buy cars based solely on looks, I have to admit I came to this thread ready to drop thatā€™s a face only a mother could love, but Iā€™ve gotta say, it kind of grows on you the more you stare at it...
You're on a Wrangler forum and you say, "most people buy cars based solely on looks" - it may be true but it certainly isn't applicable on this forum.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely. Anything really rocky, the defender will lose with limited articulation. When they were at Moab, they only went on moderate to light trails for a reason.

This "Pretender" is just that - a unibody crossover dressed in drag, pretending to be a true off roader.
And of the total number of Wranglers sold, how many (A) do the tough trails in Moab? And (B) how many go rock crawling?

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I stand by what I said in this thread back in June,...
Funny stuff! Seriously, one of the most common goofs on Jeeps by Jeep owners is calling them "mall crawlers" and you know the majority of Jeeps don't go off road - they truly are mall crawlers

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Lol. You thought I was talking about the stat of % of rubcons? Really bro?

I was talking about your wild ass claims that Jeep owners dont go off road. You have ZERO data to back that up.

Go do a survey of Jeep owners. I bet 75%+ have gone off road. More for Rubicon owners.

Just because you saw a Jeep on a day it was clean, does not mean it never goes off road.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
And of the total number of Wranglers sold, how many (A) do the tough trails in Moab? And (B) how many go rock crawling?
Go do a survey, get the data. It's probably the majority.

You have no data to prove its not 100%. You have no data to prove its almost no one.
Sponsored