Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
It was actually a beast on the trails given good MT tires. The driver was experienced as well. But to your point, we drove with rear windows out and door windows down. The other rubicon had top and doors off. The rover had the windows up and AC on.
All joking aside, hat’s off to them for taking it out on the trails. :beer:
Sponsored

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Disclosure: this is an independent review I received no benefit(s) nor will I by anyone buying this awesome product based on my review.

Bought this lift from @Northridge4x4 whom I’m quickly emptying my savings to :) I should have bought it a few months ago when they had the gift card promotion.

Like everyone else i was in a dilemma of to lift or not to lift. Well I ran 35’s on my stock JLUR and put 0-1.5” fox ifp shocks on. I was completely content with that setup... see my fox shocks review thread for details. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iew-stock-height-can-you-even-flex-bro.30338/

Anyways I lusted to gain better approach breakover and departure angles. I knew I didn’t want to go more than 2.5” but I also didn’t want to break the bank.

I initially bought the rancho 2” lift well Bc of the awesome price and review by way of life. I never installed the rancho. After months of going back and forth reading more threads on this forum and the other jlwrangler forum I passed up the Evo lift (pairing 2.5” plush coils with fox ifp 2-3” shocks) for a sure thing.... after all tony Carvallo was only a lead designer of the JL Wrangler... and why experiment with coil and shock configurations that weren’t tuned for each other... also I watched this hottie install video like 9 times :P

Finally I decided to buy the Dynatrac lift. I installed it myself without a single person helping me. Not even with the rear coils. The 3-4 hr estimate turned into 6 hours. One suggestion I have is do NOT rely on way of life’s install video especially when it comes down to installing the Dynatrac rear sway bar link. Don’t get me wrong he has a lot of useful info He shows using the Dynatrac supplied bolt for the top bolt hole but this is wrong and the paper instructions say that it’s for the bottom. Anyways I accidentally drove it through anyways using an impact wrench... ( also not advised).

Edit (7/21/19): I ended up removing the front track bar at the axle end during the front axle step and the rear track bar at the axle end during the rear axle steps. Just like the way of life video. I tried not removing the track bar Bc the Dynatrac video said it’s not necessary .... well i found it is. Retighten when the vehicle is on the ground. I happened to have the rear lower control arm bolts at the axle end loose Bc i was installing skid plates there. But others have suggested loosening (not removing) the control arm bolts to prevent binding. I personally just shot some silicone lubricant at all the control arm joints and haven’t had issues with noise and binding. Just an FYI in case you get weird squeaking noises to look at the control arm bolts and loosen and retighten with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground so you go back to a neutral position.
——————————————
How does it ride?
I can promise you that the stock coils with fox shocks rode significantly better (again see my other thread I won’t repeat this info so don’t ask) than the stock rubicon coils and shocks. This Dynatrac lift rides even better than both of those by far...(not an exaggeration). It corners much better than stock coils with the fox ifp shocks. There is much less body roll, it feels firm and planted. It does a great job at absorbing bumps. I didn’t go through washboards yet but it’s definitely better than the stock coils and fox ifp shock combination. Does it fix the wandering?? I never had that bad wandering to begin with. I have both adjustable lower control arms and the mopar lift control arms neither of which I have installed yet. It drives great at 70 mph. I do think it’s less flighty and feels like it is wandering less on the highway; but, it’s not a huge difference like some people say. Like @Chocolate Thunder said there is definitely brake dive still; but, it’s definitely less compared stock coils in my opinion and the fox ifp shock combination.

In terms of lift. I was surprised...I thought this thing was a 3.5” lift after I installed it but it indeed is a 2” lift. Maybe being 5’8” does that to you haha... That being said I did install the teraflex 0.5” front coil spacers Bc I have a 75 lb warn winch and a 60 lb steel bumper. The jeep sits perfectly level. I checked multiple places on the frame etc. and measured as well before and after. The best part is I didn’t need to adjust the toe at all. If you read way of life’s thread about how to do your own alignment on his jlwrangler forum he explains why it is that toe is unchanged after a lift... basically Bc the drag link and tie rod are independent of each other if you don’t adjust the tie rod there’s no way your toe setting would change.... I mean this makes sense that’s the only way to change toe aside from damaging something to induce an altered toe. Either way I still checked and I’m 3/32 toe in after the lift. So basically you don’t need to get an alignment at all unless you have adjustable control arms.

I’ll test the flex soon and post up pics.
Sitting in boxes are steersmarts track bar and tie rod along with a fox steering stabilizer. In all honesty I don’t want to install these until I get 37’s this winter :) I’m going to keep driving this around as is. Who knows maybe I’ll just sell the steer smarts stuff.

If you are stuck in a dilemma, just buy this lift. It’s totally worth it.

5A317C37-21D2-4195-935A-16A52D52C122.jpeg

A172FCBD-406F-41B3-9E21-50F8DBE96F29.jpeg

9218ACC3-5567-4925-AA74-120EDD3CC569.jpeg

4AA8513F-1A8B-4AF6-BC51-536838D6571E.jpeg

063E3F76-BB83-40E1-A103-00B88CBDDB29.jpeg

2FFD953C-2CB7-4036-A1C8-9FBB4FE1CD5E.jpeg
[/QUOTE

I have the same lift, Did you experience clunking noise on the front passenger side on this lift? Im trying to figure out the noise but cant figure it out, I Had the dealer check it out, their saying it is a lift. Any idea?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I am not experiencing any clunking noises.

Did you loosen any suspension parts (other than what is stated in the instructions) and not re-tighten with the jeep on the ground?

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I would do what hayseed suggest and make sure the control arms were loosened and retighten them with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground. The front LCA bolts are a beeotch to do if you don’t have a lift Bc of lack of space. I didn’t have any clunking. You might also want to make sure the upper coil oem retaining perch is still in alignment. That might cause what your hearing.

mlangs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
After 10k miles on my ‘19 JLUR I finally treated myself to the Dynatrac 2 inch lift. Wow, what a difference! Improved steering and handling. No more dead spot and loose play in the steering... a tighter and truer steer feel overall. Less body lean cornering and noticeably softer over bumps. I’m running KO2 315s and the 2” looks great!

Agree with the thread, just buy it (wish I had done it sooner).

EF23E053-61FB-4DE4-A489-250C1F6EFD60.png

Sponsored

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would do what hayseed suggest and make sure the control arms were loosened and retighten them with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground. The front LCA bolts are a beeotch to do if you don’t have a lift Bc of lack of space. I didn’t have any clunking. You might also want to make sure the upper coil oem retaining perch is still in alignment. That might cause what your hearing.
It was installed from a shop, and we follow the instructions, lift was installed arround april 2019 and just experience the clunking noise on the front passenger side when hitting bump, I have take it to dealer as to check if it is the boll joint or something under, as per their investigation they are saying it is the fox shock suspension, they have test by squeezing it and flexing it and they hear the clunking poping noise, did you guys have experience in the fox shock issue? Or any related issue on fox shocks that is clunk or poping?

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
It was installed from a shop, and we follow the instructions, lift was installed arround april 2019 and just experience the clunking noise on the front passenger side when hitting bump, I have take it to dealer as to check if it is the boll joint or something under, as per their investigation they are saying it is the fox shock suspension, they have test by squeezing it and flexing it and they hear the clunking poping noise, did you guys have experience in the fox shock issue? Or any related issue on fox shocks that is clunk or poping?
I've had mine on for almost 10k miles. No issues with clunking or popping. I would have the dealer replicate it for you. Find out which corner is the issue and then give Dynatrac a call and tell them what you are experiencing. I'm sure they'll take care of you if there is a problem with the lift in any way.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Have had mine on for over 2000 miles including off road and no issue or noise.

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I've had mine on for almost 10k miles. No issues with clunking or popping. I would have the dealer replicate it for you. Find out which corner is the issue and then give Dynatrac a call and tell them what you are experiencing. I'm sure they'll take care of you if there is a problem with the lift in any way.
Plus one on this suggestion, try to locate the area a little more if you can then call Dynatrac and see if they have any ideas

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I call dynatrac on it last week, and they ask me to send out today, however when i called them to follow up, they say it’s on hold, i ask them why it is on hold, the customer service is an issue with the fox shock kit, they aren’t sure about it. They are verifying this to fox, They said they will update me.

Im not sure if others are experiencing the problem that I have. But looks something going on with the fox shocks for this kit

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Like I mentioned, I am not having an issue but will watch this closely. Keep us posted with what is said.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I call dynatrac on it last week, and they ask me to send out today, however when i called them to follow up, they say it’s on hold, i ask them why it is on hold, the customer service is an issue with the fox shock kit, they aren’t sure about it. They are verifying this to fox, They said they will update me.

Im not sure if others are experiencing the problem that I have. But looks something going on with the fox shocks for this kit
There was a recent issue due to a run of shocks being packed in this kit that didn't include the necessary metal bushing spacers on both the rod and tube ends.

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There was a recent issue due to a run of shocks being packed in this kit that didn't include the necessary metal bushing spacers on both the rod and tube ends.
I have called them today and they said no update from the fox. I have purchased mine last april 2018. You mean to say that all of those 4 shocks doesnt have the necessary bushing? I got a current clunking issue that the dealer diagnose it is my front shock need to replace.

Since I’m waiting for the shocks can I use the stock shock to replace the spoilt fox shocks infront? Just until they send me the new one?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Not sure how recent.

I had my kit back a couple months ago and the issue had been fixed in the kit I received.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how recent.

I had my kit back a couple months ago and the issue had been fixed in the kit I received.
I believe it was at least a couple months ago, and they did send spacer kits out to all customers and put a stop sale on unsold kits before they got included. I don't recall it being too widespread. A member posted install pics and someone else pointed out the lower mounting ears being bent inward. That sparked it
Sponsored