Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
After working almost 30 years in prison, you would not believe the stuff I have seen parents do and grand parents do. I have seen moms jack off their son in a room full of kids and adults. Seen them smuggle in drugs, get in fist fights..... really the list just goes on and on. We even had a mom bring in her 12 year old daughter and pimp her out to other prisoners besides the one she was visiting.
BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!. OMG, WHATEVER!!
Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
My 2003 and my 2005 TJs, both terrible in the snow. Well... not so much "snow" but ice and snow pack on the streets. No ABS, no traction control, short wheelbase.... on the 2003 I had mud terrains on it. You can put them into 4 high and that helps get you going but with the short wheelbase if that back end decides to come around you need to catch it fast. Unlike say a full size truck which is so much longer. I expect the JL to be much better, it's larger and has modern traction aids, but I do not expect it to be as good on the street in a snow storm as say a Grand Cherokee. If the snow gets deep enough, the Wrangler really starts to shine, but it takes a LOT of snow to get there.
My 05 TJ was like a sled when you hit the brakes, pumping them didn't help because they would never release. . I hated driving that thing in the winter.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
My 05 TJ was like a sled when you hit the brakes, pumping them didn't help because they would never release. . I hated driving that thing in the winter.
...which is why I didnt get rid of my '97 Ram 1500...best snow vehicle I've ever had in 55 years of driving. 5.9 engine, part time 4x4, LSD, KO2s. Has a topper, so the rear weight is good. Yes, it looks horrible. But it runs like new after 250,000 miles and can lift or pull anything.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, BMW 135i
...which is why I didnt get rid of my '97 Ram 1500...best snow vehicle I've ever had in 55 years of driving. 5.9 engine, part time 4x4, LSD, KO2s. Has a topper, so the rear weight is good. Yes, it looks horrible. But it runs like new after 250,000 miles and can lift or pull anything.
My 2012 Ram 1500 with Hemi, LSD, K02's (buy 'em at Costco) and a mild lift is also the best snow vehicle I've owned. I can make through 10" of snow.

An LSD is not much of an advantage in light and medium snow. But deep snow or loose gravel can fool traction control systems into just cutting power. That's when an LSD can be helpful.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
My 2012 Ram 1500 with Hemi, LSD, K02's (buy 'em at Costco) and a mild lift is also the best snow vehicle I've owned. I can make through 10" of snow.

An LSD is not much of an advantage in light and medium snow. But deep snow or loose gravel can fool traction control systems into just cutting power. That's when an LSD can be helpful.
No traction control on either of my Rams...think I prefer it that way.

Sponsored

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
No traction control on either of my Rams...think I prefer it that way.
Plus one. There is a time and a place for TC. On a fullsize pickup that functions as a work horse? Aint the time nor place. And sometimes we just want to keep it FNG SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who will chime in with your effeminate voices and explain why TC is great, all you need, better than XYZ. You can all get the high hard one. My 5,500lb Silverado with 340K miles does not need traction control. Didn't come with it thank G. Because Chevy was keeping it real. No need for TC on a posi reared 4wd pickup. Same year loaded Tahoe with all the goodies. MAYBE.

It also doesnt need ABS. But it did come with it. And when I change front wheel bearing assemblies every 100K miles I can use it again, for awhile. Until the inner wheel speed sensors start going bad and it starts engaging for abso-fucking-lutely no reason while trying to stop. Just what happens. No way around it so the fuse was pulled many, mnay moons ago. Twice until I needed bearings, then permanently. 110 pound wheel setup, takes a hell of a lot to lock em up anyway. I've full on panic braked while steering at 70mph in that thing and the ability to steer was just fine. MILD intermittent lock up in that several seconds of panic maneuver. Worked perfect.

Throw a set of 175/65/15's on the front and it's a different story.

And 100% agree - KNOW - that traction control has limitations and there are plenty of situations where your open diff TC rig will leave you stuck but a good old posi will dig, plow, sling, push you out.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Now going back to that 12 year old girl being pimped out. I mean, did she LOOK 12...... What kind of rates were they looking to get.... Let's just ask a few question here.

:facepalm:

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
gripe? You gotta be a rock crawler to be a "real" jeeper.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I'm just curious why they'd do that in the first place
People in prison do not think like regular people. I would say that most of you would not think it is ok to throw grandma to the ground and beat her until she gave you so money. That is normal thinking for a lot of those guys. What is acceptable for regular people in society is not what is acceptable for them. They think its ok to do the thing that they do and they have zero cares about other people.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
What annoys me is all of the unrelated threads to this post.

My annoying subject for misguided beliefs is the cheap budget spacer lift. This does lift the vehicle, but totally places the suspension out of factory configuration alignment and could cause death wobble.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
People in prison do not think like regular people. I would say that most of you would not think it is ok to throw grandma to the ground and beat her until she gave you so money. That is normal thinking for a lot of those guys. What is acceptable for regular people in society is not what is acceptable for them. They think its ok to do the thing that they do and they have zero cares about other people.
Good thing I'm not planning a career in crime, I'd honestly be eaten alive in there

Yeah, would never of hurt my grandma, rest her soul
Sponsored