Jeep vs Defender

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The thing I would worry about the most are the 80-some-odd ECUs in the thing. Everything is electronic in it, and Land Rover doesn't have the greatest reliability in that area.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Best review I've found so far and probably the most details so far.

I wasn't optimistic but this review makes the vehicle look like a good option for what most will do with their vehicles on and off road.

https://expeditionportal.com/the-new-defender-against-the-world/

LR_DEF_110_20MY_Off-Road_100919_07.jpg
Most people buy cars based solely on looks, I have to admit I came to this thread ready to drop that’s a face only a mother could love, but I’ve gotta say, it kind of grows on you the more you stare at it...

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like a well thought out update. If the top came off I’d be more interested in the 2 door.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some info on the Defender:

With 11.5 inches of maximum ground clearance, the Defender has a bigger gap between the ground than the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's 10.8 inches. It can also ford through 35.4 inches of water versus the Jeep's 30-inch maximum. These liquid excursions are made easier by the the Rover's first-ever Wade Sensing drive mode that is part of the available Terrain Response 2 system.

The program automatically locks the driveline, raises the ride height, softens the throttle response, and displays an image of the depth of the surrounding water on the center infotainment screen. Wade mode will also drag the brakes to dry the rotors in order to quickly recover braking capability when exiting the program.

Land Rover supplies the 2020 Defender with other high-tech wizardry, including All-Terrain Progress Control and ClearSight Ground View. These cool-sounding features both help maintain a low crawl speed as well as feed an image of the ground in front of the Defender to its 10.0-inch central touchscreen. Likewise, drivers can set their preferred off-road settings using the new configurable Terrain Response system that's controlled through the same screen.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Some info on the Defender:

With 11.5 inches of maximum ground clearance, the Defender has a bigger gap between the ground than the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's 10.8 inches. It can also ford through 35.4 inches of water versus the Jeep's 30-inch maximum. These liquid excursions are made easier by the the Rover's first-ever Wade Sensing drive mode that is part of the available Terrain Response 2 system.

The program automatically locks the driveline, raises the ride height, softens the throttle response, and displays an image of the depth of the surrounding water on the center infotainment screen. Wade mode will also drag the brakes to dry the rotors in order to quickly recover braking capability when exiting the program.

Land Rover supplies the 2020 Defender with other high-tech wizardry, including All-Terrain Progress Control and ClearSight Ground View. These cool-sounding features both help maintain a low crawl speed as well as feed an image of the ground in front of the Defender to its 10.0-inch central touchscreen. Likewise, drivers can set their preferred off-road settings using the new configurable Terrain Response system that's controlled through the same screen.

Lol

it doesnt matter bro.

The vw toureg is one of the most capable off roaders out there.

it failed.

why?

No authenticity.

Sane reason this abomination will fail.

This is a fake mall crawler pretending to be an off roader.

All the purists know its fake af. So therefore the wanna bes will have no one to impress.

gotta hand it to jeep - the JL is authentic. Its the anchor car that makes the other jeeps relevant.

with no true anchor car, land rover may as well be kia at this point.

Short TTM. You heard it here first.

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Bottom line

Do you think there are trails the new defender can’t go that a stock Rubicon can?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Bottom line

Do you think there are trails the new defender can’t go that a stock Rubicon can?
It’s all about the tires.
The defender does have waaaayy more creature comforts than a Wrangler, and rightly so, since it’s mostly targeted at mall crawlers who will never take it even remotely off pavement.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I can't get past the face. But I do like the interior. If I was a Sahara guy I would probably be pointing to this interior as the way to integrate luxury and tech with some rugged cues. Jeep could really step up the interior on the Sahara trim if they chose.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Do you honestly believe that defender can safely tow 8k + Pounds. Get real. Thats the same marketing gimmick the Gladiator pushes. NO Way . Even 3/4 Ton Diesel Trucks know a load that heavy is back there.