Sponsored

$5 Walmart Flag mount (and it works great!)

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It was the night before I was taking my JLU for it's maiden voyage off road at The Badlands Off Road Park and I didn't have a flag on it yet (which they require). They sell them at the park but my concern was how I was going to mount it. I know it could be temporarily zip tied or something like that but I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. It would have been all crooked, falling off, etc.
So while browsing around Walmart to grab a few things for the trip I came across their $5 Bell bicycle flag and mount. After studying it for a few minutes I came up with an idea. The pictures are pretty self explanatory but I'll be happy to answer any questions.

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

41953622_952273236184_6608100582701924352_o.jpg

IMG_2425.JPG
Sponsored

JLUSSOBRTP

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I know you added this for off roading, but do you think it would be a strong enough solution to add a pole to in order to have a flag on the back on a semi-permanent basis? Given the pole is strong to account for highway speeds, do you think the setup could damage the paint? I ask because I'd like to get a Forever Wave dealio https://foreverwave.com/product-category/jeeps/, but I don't have a CB antenna (and don't plan on getting one anytime soon), and my roll bar is rarely exposed. So I'm trying to think of easy mount options for a pole/antenna pretty much just used for a flag.

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Most states require the flag to be in the front. With your IN plate, you may want to check. I'm sure those at Badlands there will know.

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Badlands is the back and Silver Lake dunes in MI wants it on the front. I had holes in both my aftermarket steel bumpers on my TJ, so I may have to find 2 new solutions for my JL...

Volare

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Passat TDI, 2022 JLURD
Ok here's my dumb question. Why do they require a flag?

Sponsored

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Ok here's my dumb question. Why do they require a flag?
If you are cresting a hill in one direction, and another is coming down the trail the opposite way, you can see the flag before you collide. In a place like Silver Lake Sand Dunes, there are hundreds of vehicles from Motorcycles to Quads, to Jeeps and almost anything. Some taking it slow, some doing 70+ MPH. Flags become very important.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Badlands is the back and Silver Lake dunes in MI wants it on the front. I had holes in both my aftermarket steel bumpers on my TJ, so I may have to find 2 new solutions for my JL...
Badlands is ok with them on the front, too. The JL factory steel bumper has a flag hole in the front when the end caps are removed.

Nice job with that flag setup, btw! That's a heck of a lot less expensive than a Badlands flag!

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
If you are cresting a hill in one direction, and another is coming down the trail the opposite way, you can see the flag before you collide. In a place like Silver Lake Sand Dunes, there are hundreds of vehicles from Motorcycles to Quads, to Jeeps and almost anything. Some taking it slow, some doing 70+ MPH. Flags become very important.
At 70 mph you tend to see the flag and the SXS at the same time. Lol
Sponsored