Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I hope that when Mojito is released, Jeep will negate the tan leather $1400 mark up! I want black premium cloth...and if it is not available I will be forced to choose one of the earth tones colors.
You'll be able to order black interior.

Or I should say... WE will. :)
Sponsored

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
What are everyone's thoughts on painted top/fenders vs black? I can't decide if the green will be too much if it's all painted to match without seeing it in person. I'm pretty 50/50 on the Gecko JKs which one I like better.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
What are everyone's thoughts on painted top/fenders vs black? I can't decide if the green will be too much if it's all painted to match without seeing it in person. I'm pretty 50/50 on the Gecko JKs which one I like better.
I've got painted on my 2013 Crush Rubi and don't think it's too much. Have the body color hard top for the Winter and then the black soft top for the other seasons gives it two totally different looks, IMO.

Add to that the fact that painted fenders on the JL still have black on the lower section... That's the route I'm going to go.

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
I've got painted on my 2013 Crush Rubi and don't think it's too much. Have the body color hard top for the Winter and then the black soft top for the other seasons gives it two totally different looks, IMO.

Add to that the fact that painted fenders on the JL still have black on the lower section... That's the route I'm going to go.
I have painted top and fenders on my Hydro and it looks great, so that's what I am thinking of going with Mojito. Wish I could see the auto show JL with actual doors and a top on.

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
I plan on body color top and fenders with optional tan soft top and tube doors for summertime. Also I am going to add aftermarket front & rear bumpers & rock sliders and 18-20” rims with 35” K02. A winch and 2” Mopar lift kit will finish off the build. I’m sure even with 3 of us living so close together there will be enough uniqueness to compliment each other’s personal style.
C1B38504-D3E7-4DD9-AE72-A55023274FFE.png
0E85012B-E541-4B92-B6D5-CEE2B4296D2A.jpeg

C0846882-1D94-4646-A22B-60CAB96EAA69.png

Sponsored

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
@Cdoebs and @MojitoWrangler . This is funny. I drive to Southfield everyday and see a lot of Jeeps on the road, but have yet to see a JL except for one with a manufacturer plate. I keep thinking, wow could I be one of the first with a Jeep around here. :) But 3 the same color, people in Macomb are going to wonder how this Jeep is everywhere they look. Either of you the guy with the sweet looking black jeep in my WCC sub?
Not me, i haven’t owned one since I sold my YJ a million years ago for the then new Grand Cherokee lol.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Have the body color hard top for the Winter and then the black soft top for the other seasons gives it two totally different looks, IMO.
Same for me, but opposite choices. I like the black hardtop for winter, and tan soft top for a different look in the summer.
Should go nicely with the tan interior. A bit worried about tree sap and bird shit messing it up, but hey, probably adds character.

upload_2018-2-19_19-18-47.png

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I plan on body color top and fenders with optional tan soft top and tube doors for summertime. Also I am going to add aftermarket front & rear bumpers & rock sliders and 18-20” rims with 35” K02. A winch and 2” Mopar lift kit will finish off the build.
Same for me, but opposite choices. I like the black hardtop for winter, and tan soft top for a different look in the summer. Should go nicely with the tan interior. A bit worried about tree sap and bird shit messing it up, but hey, probably adds character.
I, first of all, will be under a non modification order for a year or so. I see a car/jeep/truck purchase as a starting point, she sees it more as a finished product. So we agreed no modifications for a bit of time. I think I will still get in some minor things like some aux lighting, and definitely a CB setup. Speaker upgrade?

For colors, I do like the color matched fenders, had that on my old 1999 Sahara, but this time around I think I will stick with the black fenders. I think the green and black look good together. So Black hard and soft top, I required a black interior. I like the tan, my old Jeep was Tan & Green inside, but I can't see tan seats, when its only the seats that are tan, and only the front surfaces of the seats, looks out of place to me. And I really hope the Mojito comes with the red dash. If not, I will be asking on here for the part number and difficulty of a swap. Rubicon should have those "Red" accents consistent across colors. Grey dash will be okay, but like the sporty "Red".

So once the build restrictions end. :) It will be a 2-3 suspension lift, winch, different tires & rims. I like a wider tire offroading, something like 33x12.5. 35" is a little much for daily driving, so happy you can get 33" from factory. I think I plan to get the steel bumpers, and might try to stick with them, if anything a new rear bumper setup for carrying fuel/hi-lift jack. Oh and onboard air, that's still a thing right?

PS guys, tan soft top will stay looking good, no worries there.

Capt_Beard

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
blog.benbeard.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude & 2016 Subaru WRX Limited
Occupation
Director of IT
I planning to get a Mojito Sahara with black hardtop.
Haven't seen Mojito in person as my local auto show decided not to bring that one.

I'm going to wait until I see one IRL before ordering or just wait until the one I want shows up on a dealer lot.

1/2 the reason I'm interested this JL is the green color. :)

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
We are anticipating end of this week or the beginning of next week based on a start of production date of March 5.
How did you learn this? Doesn't matter, sick of waiting on the sidelines. Need this color to come out so I can order it and move to "watching" production threads :) So do we have a date? I need to prep my wife.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How did you learn this? Doesn't matter, sick of waiting on the sidelines. Need this color to come out so I can order it and move to "watching" production threads :) So do we have a date? I need to prep my wife.
Punk’n and Ocean Blue were available to order Wednesday January 24th with a production start on Monday Feb 5. I thought it’d be available today for Mar 5 but I bet it’ll become available on a Wednesday “2” weeks before the Monday production start.

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I was just at the dealer to put in an order and was told that they were just told that Mojito and Sting Grey will be avaliable for order March 1st.
Here's an email they received that they printed out for me as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club {filename}

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I was just at the dealer to put in an order and was told that they were just told that Mojito and Sting Grey will be avaliable for order March 1st.
Here's an email they received that they printed out for me as well.

I read that as just “march”. Not March 1st...

Though I hope I’m wrong...

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I read that as just “march”. Not March 1st...

Though I hope I’m wrong...
You are correct as I saw that as well, but that's what I was told that they were told.
I also asked them if it was a glitch (as someone had posted earlier) that it required you to choose the tan leather seats and they said they weren't sure, but they would find out by Monday for sure.
If you notice on the picture that it says the certain colored jeeps will receive the silver platinum dash with either trim seat...
Sponsored