UK Wrangler JL Venting Channel

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Hello, today I have my JLUR in the workshop for the revision of the V-41, also for the change of the secondary battery of the start-stop and for a small noise in the direction. Example ..... I steer the direction all the way to the left and when I turn it back to the right near the middle of the steering wheel (before 180º) a sound like a TOC appears, like a small touch of dry hammer and always does, They told me to look at him.
Then I tell you how I look and how to drive with the change of the steering damper.
In the 285/70/17 tires I have the tires at 35psi = 2.4 bar cold.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Anyone had the V41 recall letter yet? I haven’t received it and there was no mention of it when I picked up my Jeep after the V26.

I’m going to see my dealer about the alarm issue on Monday, so I’ll probably mention the recall to them then.

On the same note I haven’t had any problems with the steering in my Jeep, even at high speed.

Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
I haven't received a letter on the V41 recall, but when I mentioned the V41 to Arnold Clark last week when mine was in for the alarm/ESS/front parking sensors, they were aware of it and had the parts in stock.

Interestingly, I discovered today that whilst they had the vehicle last week, they had removed the left hand side rear load trim panel. I suspect they have replaced the original alarm sensor in that panel with a less sensitive version. If it was that sensor that was causing the false alarms, it might explain why they seemed to happen more frequently when the rear seats were folded. Perhaps with the seats upright, the seat backs were acting as a damper in some way to the sensor waves.

I couldn't figure out why my rear dash cam had stopped working until I realised it was no longer getting power. In removing the rear trim panel, they had inadvertently dislodged the power feed to the dashcam power supply which I had tapped off the permanent live 12v cigar socket.

So far, I've had no more false alarms, with the seats up or down.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Jeep went in for car alarm issues. Apparently it’s a failure with the alarm sensors or something like that. They will apparently have to rip out parts of the Jeep interior to find the offending sensors. Am told this will take 3 days. So I rebooked it to be able to get a courtesy car.

On the up side they completed my V41 recall.

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Jeep went in for car alarm issues. Apparently it’s a failure with the alarm sensors or something like that. They will apparently have to rip out parts of the Jeep interior to find the offending sensors. Am told this will take 3 days. So I rebooked it to be able to get a courtesy car.

On the up side they completed my V41 recall.
Interesting.......

I was a test subject for the alarm fix and had all the sensors replaced, it only took one day.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Interesting.......

I was a test subject for the alarm fix and had all the sensors replaced, it only took one day.
I assume you no longer have alarm issues?

I got told that it’ll take one day to find the broken sensors and then another day to order the parts.

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I assume you no longer have alarm issues?

I got told that it’ll take one day to find the broken sensors and then another day to order the parts.
Correct, since replacing the sensors, zero problems.

The Mopar approved fix was to replace ALL the sensors.

So your dealer should get them ordered ahead of time, and then get you in for one day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So I got my V41 recall done today, needless to say the new damper was installed upside down as per multiple threads on this forum would attest to (bulge at the top, 'front of vehicle' arrow pointing to rear of vehicle). :facepalm: Wish I'd checked it on the forecourt as I made the mistake of driving back to work first, but it's been pi55ing with rain all day. I spoke to the service manager as soon as I discovered it and could sense his fury down the line. It's back in tomorrow to get it switched around.

You'd have though by now that given the number of threads surrounding the replacement V41 dampers getting fitted incorrectly, Jeep would have reinforced their fitment guidelines. What a total waste of everybody's time.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi GeeBee,
When fitted correctly with the bulge at the bottom, should the bulged end be closest to the passenger front wheel or in the centre of the axle?
I can see the bulge is at the bottom on mine, but the bulge is in the centre and it looks as though the outer shroud at the other end of the damper is rubbing on the steering track rod :) I need to crawl underneath to take a closer look and to check that the Front arrow is pointing forwards.
I am wondering if they have fitted mine the wrong way round, albeit with the bulge correctly located at the bottom.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hi GeeBee,
When fitted correctly with the bulge at the bottom, should the bulged end be closest to the passenger front wheel or in the centre of the axle?
I can see the bulge is at the bottom on mine, but the bulge is in the centre and it looks as though the outer shroud at the other end of the damper is rubbing on the steering track rod :) I need to crawl underneath to take a closer look and to check that the Front arrow is pointing forwards.
I am wondering if they have fitted mine the wrong way round, albeit with the bulge correctly located at the bottom.
Hi Tony

You can see the details here...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fication-v41-steering-damper-june-2019.34467/

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John,

I've just crawled underneath to take a closer look. The RHD damper is a different design to the one shown in the document.

However, based on the bulge position and the "front of vehicle" label, I think it has been fitted correctly :clap:

20190925_084524.jpg
20190925_084619_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yup that's what mine looks like now too!

How'd you find those M/T tyres in the wet Tony? I had to swap mine out before they killed me!
Sponsored