flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone removed the flip and fold back seat yet? I haven't looked too closely at mine yet but plan on taking out the seat in the next couple of weeks to go camping. Just was wondering if anyone has done it yet. My 2001 TJ was super easy, I am thinking this might not be as easy as that.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The rear seat on the 2dr. JL comes out really easy just like with the TJ and JK. Fold rear seat forward, pull metal release bar that runs horizontally across the bottom of the seat and then just lift up on the seat to disengage from the 2 floor grasping paws.

Care, it is awkward and a tad heavy. Be sure not to drag the metal seat securing mechanism against any JL plastics or rear bumper as the plastics will scratch, gouge...

Get yourself a decent bag for the seat. Cost is under $11.00.
Read here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-seat-storage-bag-solution.11573/

sarahj1961

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLS
The rear seat on the 2dr. JL comes out really easy just like with the TJ and JK. Fold rear seat forward, pull metal release bar that runs horizontally across the bottom of the seat and then just lift up on the seat to disengage from the 2 floor grasping paws.

Care, it is awkward and a tad heavy. Be sure not to drag the metal seat securing mechanism against any JL plastics or rear bumper as the plastics will scratch, gouge...

Read here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-seat-storage-bag-solution.11573/

thanks for the suggestion, ordered my bag today.

Matt2036

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Hey everybody, no problem taking the seat out but how do you get the rear latch is secure? I put the rear seat back in the end for the life of me cannot figure out how to secure the rear of the seats. I can see where there are latches that need to be locked down but I cannot get them to activate.

Sponsored

Jlo2268

First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door
Hey everybody, no problem taking the seat out but how do you get the rear latch is secure? I put the rear seat back in the end for the life of me cannot figure out how to secure the rear of the seats. I can see where there are latches that need to be locked down but I cannot get them to activate.
Did you ever get guidance on this? I am having the same issue. Installed my new rear cargo mat and had to remove the seat. Now I cant get it to lock back in place. :(

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to find out the same thing, how to reinstall. Any advice?

pixiedust_wrangler

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler sport s 2d

Thank you! Going to buy this bag and do it next weekend

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I'm trying to find out the same thing, how to reinstall. Any advice?
Make sure the seat's two front latching mechanisms are latching on to both of the two floor hoops properly on both sides. When putting the seat back in, it's easy to accidentally latch to only one hoop on each side by having the seat too towards the front or to the back. If that happens, the seat's rear latching mechanism won't hit the right spot to lock the seat in place.
Sponsored