LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello group,
I updated from 10.0.6 to the current version, which seems to unsure if it is called 10.1.12, 10.1.2 or 10.1.1-051519 . Now it doesn't work right. I've marry/unmarried a few times, did full reboots between each time, but no matter what I do the menu only offers "Light Show" "Clear CELs" "Marry/Unmarry" "TPMS" "Firmware Version Display" "Full Reboot" .

I came on the forum to see if anyone else had this issue. I see people mention unmarrying it before update. It would have been nice if the application that updates mentioned that. Has anyone been able to recover their Taser or does it need to go back for repair?

I appreciate any suggestions or experiences anyone can share.
Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hello group,
I updated from 10.0.6 to the current version, which seems to unsure if it is called 10.1.12, 10.1.2 or 10.1.1-051519 . Now it doesn't work right. I've marry/unmarried a few times, did full reboots between each time, but no matter what I do the menu only offers "Light Show" "Clear CELs" "Marry/Unmarry" "TPMS" "Firmware Version Display" "Full Reboot" .

I came on the forum to see if anyone else had this issue. I see people mention unmarrying it before update. It would have been nice if the application that updates mentioned that. Has anyone been able to recover their Taser or does it need to go back for repair?

I appreciate any suggestions or experiences anyone can share.
Some menus only work with the ACC on, not running. Check to see if that’s your problem.

OP
OP
LoganDzwon

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Some menus only work with the ACC on, not running. Check to see if that’s your problem.
Thank you Mark, I was testing it in "on" but with the engine not running. (This was how it worked on the 11.0.6 firmware.) I'll try it your way next!

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoganDzwon

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just in case anyone comes here with a similiar issue, apparently certain version of the ZPU for mac will make a mini "forget" it is a mini and not a lite. Just txt z automotive support and they will send you a code to restore it.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I updated my Tazer JL to the 11.1.4 version with a mac. Something went wrong, and I "bricked" the unit.
Tazer does provide recovery instructions here: https://www.zautomotive.com/fixmytazerjl/

It uses the Windows version of the software. This method worked for me, and I was able to use the device again.
Sponsored