Sponsored

Anyone Do A Rubi Aux Switch Panel on Sahara?

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Looking to see if anyone installed the new half cubby aux switch panel on a Sahara yet? Thinking about ordering one from dealer friend (at discounted price) since I have my cube lights coming and plan on doing a Westin front bumper with built in light bar etc ….
Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
It came on my Sahara, so it will fit no problem. I have 4 rigid industry cube lights wired to it.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
I don't think he's questioning the fit, but the ease of installation and hook-up :)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
what’s an rubi aux switch? What’s the rubi part that makes it so special? Just curious how it’s any different than the aux switches that came on my Sahara. Or Sports for that matter.

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
Rubi switch has silver trim around the perimeter to match the rubi dash. Sport and Sahara are all black. Otherwise they are the same.

Sponsored

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Also the sport/Sahara version of the kit comes with the half cubby where the Rubi one is just the switch because they have the locker and sway bar disconnect on the left side.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
My jeep is at the dealership now, supposed to be getting the aux switches installed today... Except someone forgot to order the part... They're overnighting it for me at least, but still, that's annoying. Anyways, I'm having the dealership install it since I have no idea how to and it needs to be flashed with their computers to be compatible with uconnect anyways.

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Idk about everyone here but my Sahara didn't come with any aux switches , just a full blown lower cubby! So the part I was asking about was the Mopar half cubby/half 4 port aux switch aka Rubi Aux switches for Sahara , I have cube lights wired up but rocker switch is just not cutting for me since I don't want to drill any holes etc.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
@MrSahara19 Sorry if this is late and you already have an answer, but hopefully this clears things up for you or for anyone who tries researching this later...

The aux switches do not come standard on any model of the jeep. They are part of the tow package. If you order the tow package, you get aux switches. If you do not get the tow package, no aux switches.

If you have a Sahara (or sport I assume, but I don't have one and did no research on them) with no aux switches, you will have a full size cubby below your window buttons on the dash.

If you have a rubicon with no aux switches, you will have a half size cubby on the right side below your window buttons, because the buttons for the lockers and sway bar disconnect are on the left. Those are not available on the Sahara.

If you have the aux switches on the Sahara, you will have a half size cubby on the left side under the window buttons with the aux switches on the right.

Finally, if you have a rubicon with aux switches, they will be on the right and the lockers/SBD will be on the left. There will be no cubby.

The cubbies are place holders that fill in spots for where options can go. Full cubby if no options, right cubby if rubicon with no tow package/aux switches, left cubby if sahara with tow package/aux switches, no cubby if rubicon with tow package/aux switches.

Now, last thing... If you do not order the tow package, you can still get the aux switches. They sell them on quadratec.com, I can provide the link if anyone wants. You can also have your dealership install them. However you have them installed though, the dealership will need to flash their computer to make the switches compatible with the uconnect.

I have a Sahara. I did not order the tow package. I had the dealer order and install the aux switches. It cost me around $700-$750 for parts and installation. Before the aux switches, I had a full size cubby under my windows buttons. Now I have the aux switches on the right and a half cubby on the left.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty sure you can flash the Aux switches with the Tazer JL these days, and avoid the dealership visit if you do self install.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I installed one on my 2019 JL 2.0 and the only tough part was going through the rubber grommet in the engine bay to the cab. Sucked buckets!
I ordered one for my 2020 JL 3.0 diesel and there is no place for the under the hood relays. Had to send it back.
I ordered the Rough Country panel and guess what. No room in the engine bay for the relay panel with that either. Sent it back too. Had to get creative and mount relays on my own and build a switch panel. The diesel has every spot around the perimeter used up so Jeep or Rough will have to come up with something different...because the diesel is...different. But I love the diesel. Stepped on it full throttle from a stop for the first time last Sunday...burned a little rubber too! I likeee.
Sponsored