Brake warning light

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Has anyone noticed the parking brake light doesn’t come on? Just noticed it tonight when the parking brake was engaged, the brake light on the dash didn’t come on.
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Been using my parking brake religiously almost every time and the light has never failed to come on. I would take it in for warranty repair.

Pipebndr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Automotive business owner, ASE Master Tech
Has anyone noticed the parking brake light doesn’t come on? Just noticed it tonight when the parking brake was engaged, the brake light on the dash didn’t come on.
That’s interesting, on my JLUR the light comes on but there is no warning chime if it isn’t released when you start to drive away per manual.
Per Owners Manual
NOTE:
• When the parking brake is applied and the automatic transmission is placed in gear, the “Brake Warning Light” will flash. If vehicle speed is detected, a chime will sound to alert the driver. Fully release the parking brake before attempting to move the vehicle.

nick1tucker

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I’m having the same problem, started at 5000 miles, will take it in soon and report what it is

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl

Did you get a fix for it? If so what was causing this? Im having the same issue as well now, the ebrake itself works just brake light doesn't light up on dash. Thank you.

OP
OP
Sloxkhart98

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Did you get a fix for it? If so what was causing this? Im having the same issue as well now, the ebrake itself works just brake light doesn't light up on dash. Thank you.
A sensor went bad. They had to replace the whole center console to fix it.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Does anyone know where the parking brake sensor hooks up to the axle (guessing rear)?

Light doesn’t come one after I got the diffs regeared. Guessing the tech forgot to reinstall the sensor.

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 XR, 21 S Plaid, 03 Terminator
Ok thanks, how long that take a day few hours at dealership.
Its a very easy fix, its a $7 part located below the parking brake, you have to raise up the console to get to it. when the 18's came out the switch was not insulated, so the contact could be broken easily with mud or water. Now its insulated.

Sponsored

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Its a very easy fix, its a $7 part located below the parking brake, you have to raise up the console to get to it. when the 18's came out the switch was not insulated, so the contact could be broken easily with mud or water. Now its insulated.
Can’t believe it. Differentials sensor filled with oil so no lockers.
Warning light blinking on drive randomly.
Noise on ac ducts.
Sway bar non functional.
Dealers? — they said, common issues, they need the car 3-6 weeks to “fix”.

Nik H

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I made a colossal goof....hope you guys can point me to a direction

I have a 2018 JLUR. I never use the emergency brake. My wife used it last night and engaged the emergency brake when she parked it in our driveway. I drove it for a couple of miles this morning before I realized it. I am pretty sure the warning light didn't come on and there was no chime.

Now the warning light won't come on when the emergency brake is engaged. When the car starts, it does light up as part of the start sequence but then goes out even if the emergency brake is on.

I feel like an idiot. Any ideas would be gladly accepted.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored