STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It is the Maximus 3 Stinger Bar. No issues at all. Fits real easy into the Rubicon Steel bumper. Just a little annoying to tighten the nuts from underneath since they provide you with screws and nuts for the bar.

I used the Warn Winch plate for my Smittybilt winch and that was a little pain to put in.
Looks great. Did you use the Reinforcement Brackets with the Stinger Bar? Are you able to add for lights to it?
Sponsored

StingJL918

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Looks great. Did you use the Reinforcement Brackets with the Stinger Bar? Are you able to add for lights to it?
Thank you! And yes I did use the reinforcement brackets since I was installing my winch at the same time so I took my whole bumper off and it was pretty easy. It’s a pretty easy install without removing the bumper I would say.

The bar itself doesn’t have holes or welded brackets to put lights on. I instead have the light bracket from @Maximus-3 that let’s you add two lights to the bumper.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thank you! And yes I did use the reinforcement brackets since I was installing my winch at the same time so I took my whole bumper off and it was pretty easy. It’s a pretty easy install without removing the bumper I would say.

The bar itself doesn’t have holes or welded brackets to put lights on. I instead have the light bracket from @Maximus-3 that let’s you add two lights to the bumper.
Excellent. Thanks.

Sponsored

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
@SpookyXJ Thats a good looking Jeep! I've had me eye on those bumpers. Was the install pretty straight forward?
Thanks.

The back is easy no problems doing it yourself. It's pretty lightweight. The front is awkward due to how the shell overlays the hooks. I dropped mine a couple of times and dinged the powdercoat while trying to get the bolts started. I ended up putting 2 bolts through the back of each hook so they would hang there and then put the shell on and started the other 2 bolts on each hook. A second set of hands would be advisable but I got it done alone.

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
My wheels are ordered along with lift. Still need to get tires, lugs nuts, and a programer, but can't wait to get it all installed.

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
Hit the one year anniversary mark the other week - loving every minute of it! I have wanted a Jeep for almost as long as I've existed, but never got it done until last year. Hence the Jeep's name Somnium (Latin for Dream). Bought it in Boise, ID - road tripped to Basin National Park to camp at Wheeler Peak (seemed fitting). Then Las Vegas for a concert, visit friends, and Red Rock Canyon. Headed up to WY to wild camp on Antelope Flats Grand Teton outside of Jackson, before heading home through Teton and Yellowstone Park. 1,800+ miles in the first week, just passed 11,000 at year one. Celebrated with a "Wonder where this 'Tr-road' goes?" drive through the Elkhorn Mountains outside Townsend, MT. Living the dream!

KIMG0072 (2).JPG

KIMG0082 (2).JPG

KIMG0100 (2).JPG

KIMG0111 (2).JPG

KIMG0124 (2).JPG

KIMG0219 (2).JPG
Sponsored