Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ford, in their infinite wisdom, installed the wrong head gasket (they used a Mustang 2.3L head gasket which is different than the 2.3 Focus RS engine that requires a completely different gasket) on every single Focus RS they produced from model year 2016 and most of 2017. This results in the engine having catastrophic failure. Could happen in 1K miles, 5K miles, or 50K miles, but it will happen.

As you can imagine many Ford service dealers screwed up the repair and many people now have Focus RS's that run like crap and Ford Customer Service doesn't care.

But the really shady thing is Ford never issued a recall for this. It was a technical TSB with like a 12 month window to get the replacement done for the head gasket. That window closed and people who have no idea about this are buying used Focus RS's (or new ones that were unsold) that did not have the repair performed and they have no idea they are driving a ticking time bomb.

And Ford will no longer replace the gasket now unless your engine gives up the ghost and, knowing Ford, they will look for ways to blame you for the engine failure and pass the cost on to the consumer.

They are a very shady company, and they are doing similar things to Mustang GT350 owners who have excessive oil consumption (nothing to see here, it's normal to consumer 1qt of oil a week, etc). Screw Ford.
I don't disagree but GM did the same thing with early AFM/DoD. It drank oil and they tried hard to convince everyone it was normal

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

People citing these as reasons to buy a brand new Ford model over a Jeep/FCA product confuse me. If you look at most reliability rankings Ford is right there with Fiat at the bottom.

I say this as someone who just came out of a Focus RS (that car is a complete reliability and quality nightmare). If anyone thinks Ford Customer Service and their technicians are better than FCA I think they are in denial.

If the 5 things above are most important to you then you should be shopping Toyota, Lexus, etc. Not Ford. Not Fiat.

After my Focus RS fiasco I was considering a Shelby GT350 for all of about one day until I saw all the issues people were having with oil consumption and clueless Ford dealers who have no idea what they are doing and Ford Customer Service who wont return phone calls or emails. Which is what I went through with my Focus RS. Hint, if you even try to Lemon Law a Ford they will make you jump through 1 million and 1 hoops and wont return emails or phone calls for weeks on end. I don't see how FCA could be worse, I really don't. Ford is terrible. I would not buy a Bronco if you are focused on the above.
Oh ya mean like dealers who can't figure out 5 quarts of oil vs 6, or read a sticker with an arrow on a steering stabilizer recall ;)

I'm not bashing ya, just joking. But most dealer service departments across all manufacturers have problems.

The only way to protect yourself today is use the Information Age, find the recalls, TSB's and part numbers, print it out and insist they do what's on the paperwork you provided to them. It sucks, but it's true across the Big 3 and beyond

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
"When will the new Bronco launch? Ford has not given us firm dates. The Bronco debut will have to work around the launch of the new F-150, also debuting in the 2021 model year. Educated guesses have Ford launching the “Baby Bronco” in early 2020, followed by the F-150 over the summer, and the full-on Bronco debuting late in 2020."

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/09/07/the-new-ford-bronco-what-you-need-to-know/

So with that said, when do we stop seeing the short buses and Frankenstein's?

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
"When will the new Bronco launch? Ford has not given us firm dates. The Bronco debut will have to work around the launch of the new F-150, also debuting in the 2021 model year. Educated guesses have Ford launching the “Baby Bronco” in early 2020, followed by the F-150 over the summer, and the full-on Bronco debuting late in 2020."

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/09/07/the-new-ford-bronco-what-you-need-to-know/

So with that said, when do we stop seeing the short buses and Frankenstein's?
This is literally the most stressful thing in my life

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Well, yeah...that'll work..I guess.

Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
i like the rims

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
A bobbed fullsize??? I dig it. Throw some 40s on there and that thing would loom sweet.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I better rush and get one!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.