Sponsored

Cheap Jeep Hacks! Show 'Em Off Here!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Quite honestly, they didn't help. Because of the way the ACE Sliders angle in the front, they didn't help as much as I had hoped. I am still glad I done it because it looks different. They expanded metal is holding up well and haven't had any issues...that I can tell anyway but I haven't looked real close lately.

I ended up putting mudflaps on my Jeep. I know someone sells mudflaps that fits the Rubicon with the Rock Rails (https://rokblokz.com/collections/jeep-mud-flaps) but I didn't go that way. You can't really tell from these photos but here are the Mudflaps I put on: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002MA588/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1: I bought 2 sets of them and used the existing holes on front (there is a brace behind the fender) and a self-tapping screw into the end cap of the rock rails. The back was installed using the existing holes for the filler piece at the bumper. If you are interested, I can take better pictures tonight and post. Just let me know. (I basically just rigged them up.) Now...these helped keep stuff off my Jeep!!!
upload_2019-7-15_7-38-18-png.png

upload_2019-7-15_7-41-2-png.png
Thanks for the feedback. Great idea anyway. I appreciate your honest assessment as to often folks won't admit when their idea doesn't work out. I am bummed to hear it did work not only for you, but also for me as I think the solution looked much better than mud flaps. Glad to it won't help before I put holes in my sliders.
Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. Great idea anyway. I appreciate your honest assessment as to often folks won't admit when their idea doesn't work out. I am bummed to hear it did work not only for you, but also for me as I think the solution looked much better than mud flaps. Glad to it won't help before I put holes in my sliders.
There is no reason to not be honest. ;) Some ideas work...some don't. I still like the look of the mesh in there so it isn't a total loss. :like:

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Not sure if this is only a 2-door issue and/or with specific seat positions, but when I drive with my windows rolled down all the way, my seatbelt flaps incessantly. After figuring out where the noise emanated from, I stuck a large piece of sticker felt on the B pillar wall, and the noise completely went away (and the seat hides it from view).

0223191104~2.jpg
I have this exact same issue in my 2 door with the soft top down. I am going to try some Velcro straps this weekend to see if they help, but if not then I will probably mimic your solution. Thanks!

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I have this exact same issue in my 2 door with the soft top down. I am going to try some Velcro straps this weekend to see if they help, but if not then I will probably mimic your solution. Thanks!
Most of the sunshade vendors sell a silencer. You can also go to Walmart or other retailers and get the seat belt cushions that velcro on and put them where the straps flap. It worked well for mine. The rear passenger flaps on the 2 and 4 door models tend to flap as well.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the sunshade vendors sell a silencer. You can also go to Walmart or other retailers and get the seat belt cushions that velcro on and put them where the straps flap. It worked well for mine. The rear passenger flaps on the 2 and 4 door models tend to flap as well.
Thanks! What is the “rear passenger flap?”

Also the only one I found from a sunshade vendor was the Spider Shade one. Any others that you know of?

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
These came from HD, $2.25 each. Used for keeping rear seat belts from flapping in the wind. Also holding the sunrider top down and providing a hanging spot on passenger side roll bar for laundry.

Wow the sky is really blue in the first pic.

Don

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9768.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
In the "might be dumb" camp, that would apply to me. This is so dumb I had to share it. I was looking at photos only and at first I thought, where is that circuit board located? Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves .....

Now back to the OP, here's a cheap GPS mount I made. Just take GoPro mounts and stick one to the back of a Nuvi and the other to the overhead. Power comes from the Homelink garage wiring over the left roof support.
tK3g6_3305ZJnSrFLnxZfnJKrZr_31lCp7KSIDqHZDCDgjfN9_psCNpbTlOuNaN6_LA86qoaEN13kWmVIo=w1130-h847-no.jpg

0HAxTVs-zf-Huq9i2bbggPwDnO6b2_wSeH9jcRGGFATjaE8aVXQYp58jyRi5uLxspaHZdzBnsUqEVKKy95=w1130-h847-no.jpg

p.s. The second GoPro mount is for, well, a GoPro. :)
Did this ever fall off?

Sponsored

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you can overcome the moral outrage of charging nearly $800 for a jack whilst simultaneously applying copious amounts of Vaseline (or lubricant of choice) to your posterior....the ARB jack fits pretty damn well here, use some old toe straps (cyclists, anyone?) or Velcro straps thru the GCPA tie downs:

and note I'm not mocking anyone but myself, I'm still struggling to overcome the moral outrage and wiping off Vaseline days later, but I'm just sick of lugging around Hi-Lifts. My reco: order thru an Amazon vendor and use Smile so at least you help your charity with a nice fat purchase!

IMG_20190830_175737455.jpg

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
DIY Overhead Molle Center Console.

Parts List

1ea 36" Peak Aluminum Railing, black, 50391 $6.97 Home Depot

Directions

1. Cut the 36" rail down to 27 7/8". Taping up the area you are about to cut with painter's tape will help prevent scratches from your cutting device. Be sure to remove sharp edges from the cut end.
2. Tape up the ends of the railing with black duck tape, just enough to dull the sharp ends to prevent cutting or gouging during installation. You can't see the tape once it is installed.
3. Install your Molle pouches on the rail. Might need to use some velcro straps wrapped around the rail depending on the thickness of your Molle connections.
4. Remove driver's side freedom panel. Drop in the railing by inserting at an angle.
5. Re-install the driver's side freedom panel. Manipulate the railing so that there isn't any binding that could cause unnecessary pressure on the latches.
6. I took an extra piece of velcro and rolled it up soft side out and wedged in to snug the new rail so it doesn't make noise. It is secure and won't fall, but this is step is just to prevent noise.

Could probably buy a few more rails and attach to the original rail for more places for additional Molle pouches.

Took a total of about 10 minutes.

rail.jpg

measure1.png

measure.png

c1.png

c2.png

c3.png
I did this same thing but for a different reason, I have a JTOPs sunshade that when the top is on has a tendency to sag a little. If I were short this wouldn't be a problem because it doesn't sag enough to be an eye sore but where it is a problem is that it ever so slightly touches the top of my head. Having this bar there totally eliminates the sag. I hadn't thought of using it as a way to hang Molle bags but I will know have to do a little research on what I could use there. Thanks for the idea!

pat12bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
2 small army box with steel angles mounted on the hardtop bolts.
Extra storage for slings at 40$.
I cut the handles and I plan to use handle loop to hold a flashlight.

D387E8EE-3535-4129-AF15-FED998512B87.jpeg

C754DE60-66D9-4F03-AAF8-246BC74E0ACD.jpeg

8D2E1095-250D-45B5-B7B0-C4E42032C621.jpeg
What size ammo cans are those? I have some .50 Cal ones, but they are too wide to fit next to the rollbar.
Sponsored