OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Beefed up my steering with a synergy tie rod, drag link, SS relocation and a fox SS. Definitely more stable and less flighty driving.

gVah3Rb.jpg

Removing the drag link end at the pitman arm gave me some trouble and took way longer than intended. Thankfully a bigger hammer and a pickle fork rental tool from advance auto got it off. Sadly... the drag link wasn't able to be saved :P

G3bSJ80.jpg

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Removing the drag link end at the pitman arm gave me some trouble and took way longer than intended. Thankfully a bigger hammer and a pickle fork rental tool from advance auto got it off. Sadly... the drag link wasn't able to be saved :P

G3bSJ80.jpg
It looks like the pickle fork couldn't be saved, either. Were you trying to pry with it?

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
It looks like the pickle fork couldn't be saved, either. Were you trying to pry with it?
I think at one point we did, but we mostly hit it at the end. It was a cheap harbor freight pickle fork, definitely didn't feel as solid compared to the ones i rented from advance auto

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I love it when Harbor Freight tools fail at the end of a job...especially on tools that you'll never need again. :)
Refund!

fluvanna10

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S Altitude
Awesome ride man. Did you go to JMU? Thats where my wife went to school

Sponsored

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Upgraded to 3.3 SP2s, they're definitely noticeably softer compared to the original 3.3s

wLmLTE7.jpg

Swapped out my RK quick disconnect links with the no limits. These things are no joke and beefy as hell

NjtvJfg.jpg

2f0DwMq.jpg

Went camping a couple weeks ago, definitely much needed relaxation

sPDFImU.jpg

simrokkzz

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat + Focus ST
great build !!
I like that you do not "overdo" things, like doing this with a rather simple suspension setup, that is not that pricy and just keep things going!!
Further I did not like Hella yella before, now its a bit different :)

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
great build !!
I like that you do not "overdo" things, like doing this with a rather simple suspension setup, that is not that pricy and just keep things going!!
Further I did not like Hella yella before, now its a bit different :)
Thanks!

OP
OP
SHYUperman

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
This past week marked my first year of ownership of the JLUR. Went and got it regeared to 4.88s. Picked it up yesterday and definitely noticed the difference. Consistently maintained 8th gear on my drive home. Really happy with the regear, can't wait to be out of the 500 mile break in period, to see how it really performs.

gswubYC.jpg

JCIORcx.jpg

DC3UkY1.jpg

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
This past week marked my first year of ownership of the JLUR. Went and got it regeared to 4.88s. Picked it up yesterday and definitely noticed the difference. Consistently maintained 8th gear on my drive home. Really happy with the regear, can't wait to be out of the 500 mile break in period, to see how it really performs.

gswubYC.jpg

JCIORcx.jpg

DC3UkY1.jpg
“But, but, you don’t need to re gear a Rubicon.” It does make a big difference. Drives much better, tranny works like it is supposed to, and MPG’s actually go up.

Jeep looks good.
Sponsored