Sponsored

Been out of a Wrangler for 2 years. Ready to get back in. WANT 4 cyl. CHANGE MY MIND!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well as you can see all the opinions listed above. I have been Ram ( Hemi ) owner for 20 odd years. Never once thought of Jeep. That changed with a Wild hair a few months back. My salesman and I go back to High school. I drove 3.6 and 2.0 Turbo. I ended up going with the 2.0 E-Torque Turbo. MPG played a role but the power and has more Torque than the 3.6 sold me. I went with the 2019 Sahara JLU with the Sky Power Top. My Rams had the Uconnect 8.4 Hands-free Voice-activated radio so wanted that too with the Jeep. The Alpine 9 - Speaker Premium audio system with the Active Noise-control system tunes out most outside sound great. I can now say I love my Jeep. I can open and close the Sky Power Top at any time is cool. I am now a Jeep owner going forward too.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know its out there. Check out this video and change my mind. My son thinks stick to what I know, I think mods and daily driving and think 2.0 all day. HELP!!!
I sent a reply yesterday but just a quick thing. It's very hot here in Texas right now and I turn off my ESS. My 2.0 Turbo idles so smooth that I have to check my RPM's to make sure ESS is not on.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm sure people like me knew it was the PUG, and I based my decision on tried and true technology, be it also an upgrade, versus a brand new engine with no tried and true technology. Also, you need to get yourself a JL:like:
The 2.0t apparently has the same lifters the old 3.6 had :D

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I know its out there. Check out this video and change my mind. My son thinks stick to what I know, I think mods and daily driving and think 2.0 all day. HELP!!!
JUST TAKE LOOK AT THE SERVICE intervals and what actually needs replacement and cost of part & time
if your not sure about what you want maybe wait for the 6cylnder turbo if you don't mind waiting for it and dealing with a turbo cost & list of things that need a little more attention

Sponsored

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
I have owned 5 Wranglers but I have a brand new 2.0 Sahara. It has 1700 miles on it and it’s been in the shop for a week now with a check engine light. The 2.0 has some software gremlins running around creating havoc. The error code is in the emissions high pressure side. It has the Jeep engineers stumped. Have a loaner to drive and it’s check engine light came on yesterday as well. Not a happy camper right now.

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S (previously 2008 JKU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sport)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
Since mine is a daily driver with 50+ miles daily to/from work, and an off road beast second, I went for the +4mpg on the 2.0L.

No regrets on engine choice. Wish I had got a JLR in Mojito instead of a JLUS in Silver tho...

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
Contrary to a previous poster, no one is going to laugh at you if you have the 2.0T. In fact, it's indistinguishable from a 3.6L from the exterior.

BMW fanatics wailed when the straight six in the 3er and X3 was replaced by the 2.0T. While it doesn't have the silky smooth linearity of the six, it will move with alacrity and my daughter's X1 easily gets in the low 30s MPG on the highway. The 2.0T in our son's JLU Sahara is smooth, relatively quick, and the ESS is almost transparent with the battery assist restart.

Get the extended warranty. Or lease it, if you have issues just turn it back in after the 3-4 years are up.

mmcbeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I just purchased a new Sport S. After some research I decided I wanted the v6 and that is what I bought. Seems like most of the dealers in my area were overstocked with the 4 turbo. They advertised more off MSRP for the 4 bangers.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Go for it! They even have a rebate on that 4 cylinder turd. I would say that the 4 is fine if you don't really want to off road it or crawl. Don't know how much boost you'll build crawling at low rpms.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
What the heck I'll chime in...
3.6L gets my vote. Why? For starters we plan on keeping this a long time and the fact that the 2.0 has that extra electric boost crap and a turbo equates to more headaches down the road when you are over mileage and out of warranty. It's that simple for me. Plus I do my own work so I want something I already know. My take is K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid and turbos and electric boosters don't fall into the category in the long for me.

kendog1969

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited
I bought a 2018 , 2.0 with the e-torque Turbo love it , drove a 2020 with regular turbo , night and day e-torque turbo is super fast and responsive .

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
Chrysler created the 2.0 l engine for one and ONLY one reason, to increase their fleet average gas mileage to meet EPA standards. The penalty for not achieving these standards is in the billions. In the near future these standards are going to be so high that the number of non electric vehicles will decrease dramatically. I’m not saying that the engine is bad but I didn’t buy it!

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Get the 2.0 4 banger. I spent the last 10 year's driving a Mazdaspeed3 that for me was/is a sports car (20 years in the trucking Industry big and slow) so when I bought my 2018 JLU Sahara I was concerned about acceleration. I should not have been, because for the size and weight of the JLU it is outstanding. Yeah if I had deep pockets I'd have a Moab all jacked up with a Hemi. I'm very happy that I got the 4.

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a 2019 JLU Sahara with the 2.0L Turbo. I had a 2015 JKU and 2018 JLU both with the 3.6L and by far I am really happy with the 2.0L. The gas mileage is awesome and performance is better then the 3.6L. Final decision is obviously yours but I love the 2.0L.
Sponsored