Sponsored

UK owners : Arnold Clark Leeds. Avoid like the plague, IMHO.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
So after a third visit to Arnold Clark in Leeds I am now completely done with this dealer.

Here's the tale of woe :

As some of you may be aware I've had problems with my front parking sensors, ESS and alarm.

The 1st visit was back in June to fix the ESS and the parking sensors. Neither problem was rectified although they claimed they had got the front sensors working. This I proved was incorrect when I tested them in the car park on collection. I got some cock and bull story that water must have got into the harness after they washed it.
Whilst they had it they did do the V26 recall, which at least was something positive.

So they requested I book the vehicle in again for a week so they could raise a ticket with Jeep and sort things out.

Roll forward to July and they had the vehicle for a whole week. At the end of the week they concluded that there was nothing wrong with the ESS and that it had completely the wrong park sense module fitted at the factory.
So utter bulls*** that they had the parking sensors working briefly at the 1st visit.
On the ESS front they said I just needed to drive it more. A great ESS device that needs you to drive more to save fuel!! Again nonsense, as it worked perfectly for the 1st two months of ownership.
They said they had replaced the alarm components to stop it going off on a regular basis.
As a new parking module was required they said they would contact me to arrange a new booking when it arrived.

On both these visits, the customer service was abysmal with lengthy wait times at the counter and a total lack of enthusiasm from the staff. It was impossible to call them to get progress updates and calls to the general switchboard were met with promises that they would call back. But they never did.
I complained to the service manager after the 2nd visit, but even this was a waste of time.

I then got Jeep customer care involved and explained the appalling service I had received. The case manager was very professional and most apologetic and said he would contact the dealership to find out what was going on.
He contacted me a few days later and we discussed the possibility of transferring the outstanding work to another dealer. However, as it was work in progress and he had their assurance that it would all be sorted on the 3rd visit, I agreed to persevere with Arnold Clark Leeds.

Meantime, the alarm that had supposedly been fixed, continued to go off on a random basis.

About a month ago I got a call from Jeep Italy saying the parts were now available at the dealer and that the dealer would call me to schedule in the work. Guess what. No call. So I ended up calling them.
The work was booked in for this week as it was the earliest they could provide me with a courtesy car.
At the time I reminded them that it was ESS, park sensors and alarm.
When they called earlier this week to check that I was still OK for the booking, again I reminded them. ESS, parking sensors, alarm and now V41.

When I dropped off the car on Thursday morning, I yet again reminded them that it was ESS, parking sensors & alarm. And the V41 recall.

As usual, I had to wait around for 10 to 15 minutes before being attended to and sorted out with the loan vehicle.

On Friday morning at 9am I received a text message saying the vehicle was ready for collection.

3 hours later I rolled into reception to collect the Jeep with the family as we had planned a shopping trip to Leeds.

Service receptionist then tells me he hasn't got the job card from the workshop and can't complete the paperwork without it. "Take a seat and I'll go get it". 15 minutes later there is no sign of him or the paperwork.
I walk across to the workshop to find him chatting with the other service receptionist and a technician. Meanwhile there are people at the service desk waiting to be served. Instead of apologising for the delay, he tells me rudely that I shouldn't be in the workshop.

We go back to the service desk and he proceeds to type in the job card data.
When he hands me the paperwork there is no mention of the ESS on it, or the alarm, or the V41 recall.
Just a report back on fitting the new parking module and an investigation of an engine management light error that I had supposedly reported and where no stored fault code could be found.
Sorry, says I, I never mentioned anything about an EML .
On closer examination of the hand written job card, we could see that the V41 and alarm issues had been addressed.
Nothing had been done on the ESS.

To say I was fuming was an understatement. Jeep Customer care had assured me on the earlier calls that they too add listed out the jobs that needed to be done.

I asked to speak to the service manager again. This time it was a new person who had only been in the job for 3 weeks.
He at least was apologetic and went to discuss the ESS issue with the technicians.
The response from the technicians was again that I wasn't driving it enough and should go on a 60 minute journey, then let them know if it was working. If it isn't working they will need to raise a case number with Jeep !! Just like they were supposed to do on the 2nd visit.

Funny how it worked perfectly originally and cut in and out on short journeys once the engine was up to temperature. Ever feel like you are going round in circles. We all know it more than likely needs a new Aux battery, but it seems the "technicians" at Arnold Clark do not.

On a positive note, the front parking sensors are now working and they did the V41 recall.

I need to contact my case manager at Jeep Customer Care on Monday to see what he has to say about it all, and to get confirmation that he too told them about the ESS.

But my advice to anyone considering having service or warranty work done at Arnold Clark, Leeds, is to stay well clear.

I'll report back on what Jeep Customer Care have to say in due course, but I'll be taking my service and other work elsewhere, even if it means a longer drive.
Sponsored