Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I wouldn't say we have anything that is a direct competitor to the Dynatrac lift. Our Starter System is probably the closest, but it is intended to be more of a basic kit that reuses the stock shocks. Our Stage 1 will be much more complete, but will also be at a much higher price point. It depends on what you are looking for.

Single rate coils are great, but they won't get the wheel travel that a multi-rate coil will get. If you aren't trying to get as much performance as you can from the vehicle off-road, it doesn't matter. If you do plan to use your Jeep to its potential off-road, single rate coils are leaving a lot on the table. But, that doesn't seem to be what the Dynatrac kit is aiming for. It is a well-riding budget lift that should give you a bit more off-road performance than stock.

Multi-rate coils don't do you any favors for augmenting a weighted down Jeep or maintaining ride height. I think you may be misunderstanding why multi-rate coils are used. We explained our design process on our coil spring product pages if you are interested. And no, we are not sacrificing anything to take advantage of the additional flex. Compare our primary spring rates and we have some of the lightest ones out there. Eddie has some very strong opinions, but that doesn't mean they are correct. Until he has extensive experience designing coil springs, I wouldn't suggest putting too much confidence in what he says about them.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-jlu-front-lift-coil-springs.html
Hey I appreciate your interjection, and explanation. I hear you on his very opinionated views... my friend is in his circle. I haven’t even told him I have a jeep yet Bc I wanted to independently choose stuff on my own rather than get Evo everything pushed onto me. My friend is also very opinionated.... haha

In a few months I might just try your 2” coils out with the Dynatrac fox shocks. I like to try different things :) already went through 4 front bumpers.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully bumped out. Honestly I don’t think it’s much more articulation than the stock coils and fox ifp 0-1.5” shocks. In the front, the front shocks are about the same travel on the fox 2-3 vs 0-1.5” but the rear 2-3” shocks are much different.

Now that I put it through it’s paces not just flexing but driving on pretty rocky rough roads... this kit does an incredible job at attenuating bumpy roads.

Also, I hate to agree with the “fixed my wandering steering” crowd but I drove on the highway more today on a very windy stretch of road and it was easily 15-20 mph cross winds and the jeep tracked very straight and didn’t get buffeted around like it did before the Dynatrac lift install.

Do improvement in the steering did occur to a significant extent than I would like to admit Bc it doesn’t make sense to me why it would considering none of the steering components were altered.

97A0B268-9D1D-4E98-AFB8-5A90027712DE.jpeg

79D41AFD-8FD2-4292-BCA2-477C20AFB58B.jpeg

51A19E4E-B971-4375-81F0-66B56A671269.jpeg

E0C40DC7-E15D-4708-8F56-37F639833C5D.jpeg

567AC1D6-6440-4CBB-A3CE-97C9E713F704.jpeg

ECF18C53-C6E6-44BC-927F-A3855B74EE08.jpeg

8DD7E3AB-89E1-4455-8F1E-30784E127E99.jpeg

86AB3858-80A9-4EB3-B9C7-E949E3149B06.jpeg

Last edited:

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Do you think the pinion angle got affected too much by this since you kept the stock lower control arms?

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Had a chance to take the Dynatrac lift and 35" tires of on some wooded mild to severe trails. Worked as planned - was flawless. No video of me not getting stuck or of me pulling out another (non-lifted) Rubicon and winching a Land Rover out of miry soup up a hill.

Inkedlr4mud_LI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a chance to take the Dynatrac lift and 35" tires of on some wooded mild to severe trails. Worked as planned - was flawless. No video of me not getting stuck or of me pulling out another (non-lifted) Rubicon and winching a Land Rover out of miry soup up a hill.
Sweet! Sounds like a good time!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

Inkedlr4mud_LI.jpg
Chad and Buffy take a wrong turn on the way to the country club?

Sponsored

31R

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the write up! I'm leaning towards Dynatrac, but still looking into the 2.5 from AEV.

Curious, what bumper is that? Looks great!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Love hearing how great this lift is. Concerned with problems I might encounter when I put on 37s, however. So as much as I want this lift I need to look elsewhere unfortunately. For 37s I believe I need to at least a 3 in lift, but if I was rolling 35s, this would have been it I'm sure.

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the write up! I'm leaning towards Dynatrac, but still looking into the 2.5 from AEV.

Curious, what bumper is that? Looks great!
Rugged ridge arcus bumper it’s lightweight in comparison to others too!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Chad and Buffy take a wrong turn on the way to the country club?
It was actually a beast on the trails given good MT tires. The driver was experienced as well. But to your point, we drove with rear windows out and door windows down. The other rubicon had top and doors off. The rover had the windows up and AC on.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Love hearing how great this lift is. Concerned with problems I might encounter when I put on 37s, however. So as much as I want this lift I need to look elsewhere unfortunately. For 37s I believe I need to at least a 3 in lift, but if I was rolling 35s, this would have been it I'm sure.
This is designed to use 37's. Not sure if it works or not but it is designed for 37's on a Rubicon.
Sponsored