First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
LOL oh man for the first maybe week I would drive my Jeep around at night and go "all the way up" *look around the cabin* "all the way down" *check again* "THIS THING DOES NOTHING!!"

Yep it's the dimer for the lights in the footwell. Also the cup holders (front at least, haven't checked the back on my 2 door) and there's a light on the doors as well, but those aren't as noticeable.
Stupid thing had me going crazy for first week trying to figure it out.

But you say theres a light on the doors? WHERE??? lol

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
The truth, is that is your 5 or 6 quart selector switch. So if the dealership places 6 quarts in they will rotate it up, I saw that the oil pan retracts and expands while rotating it. :movember:

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Geez. I honestly thought it was to change how sensitive the sensor is for the automatic headlights. Never really messed around with it. Glad I saw this.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
LOL yeah they're pretty dim. I don't have the doors on so I can't go get you a photo but it's where the door pull is. At least in my 2019 Rubicon. I don't know if it's part of a package I bought. I have a two door, it's on both of my doors. I have no idea if it'd be on the back doors of a 4 door.
Hmm...I have a 2019 4dr Rubi. Im going to check tonight. Thanks!

Sponsored

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
you turn it 3 times while clicking your heals and the manual appears

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Pictures didn't come through... but there are 2 "wheels" next to the light switch. The left is for floor and ambient illumination (the left I think) and the other is for dash light brightness.

Dash lights normally dim with headlights on. If you turn the right wheel all the way up +1 click the dash lights and display will go to full bright (even with headlights on). +2 clicks up will put on the dome light as well.

Careful with the +2 clicks up as that will leave the dome light on even when the Jeep is off.

light switch.jpg
Yes the one on the left is for your feet driver passenger and in the back and the one to the right is your dome light on your dash adjustments to Brighton or dim.

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
the sport does not have foot well light or cup light. it just turns on and off the dome light.. i'll have to check again on this.
My base sport has both footwell lights and cup holder lights. It’s a base with automatic, tow package, and auxiliary switches. Nothing else.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I couldn't figure it out either -- until some a-hole messed with all the dials on my dash while the car was parked.
Sponsored