OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
The Jeep took Kali and I back to our favorite hiking spot in Connecticut called Bluff Point. For today’s hike we actually had time and the weather was nice enough to hit the full loop which is just shy of 4 miles and Kali did awesome! Usually she zonks out with most of our hikes near the 2 mile mark so I try not to take her anywhere further than that but today with the weather being in the 70s she trucked right along and made the hike look easy! I made a little photo collage type of video of our adventure and I’ll also share my favorite photos below

9031D17B-F3CE-4C73-8E48-273C5FF58CF8.jpeg
89F9393C-3F24-4FD8-8C4B-F190B783B98F.jpeg
07EEC438-AD2F-4092-956B-824B799176F8.jpeg
DF8D8B55-D18B-4D6B-BFE6-2D49FC4FFD6B.jpeg
57490B1B-2152-4FDE-99F6-FD97DCDFF3B7.jpeg
009BC1B4-AD66-455A-AEFB-66C2A337DEFA.jpeg
4D63EBB7-5B96-4F90-8400-F2265D50510C.jpeg
E318A965-37DE-4007-9542-F2055596EB46.jpeg
A64BCA9C-9527-40FB-A691-3A74FF56D1E3.jpeg

View attachment 219495

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
Time for another adventure post!

This week I was able to get out with Kali for a nice morning hike and adventure at Pachaug State Park to take a must needed drive on something other than pavement. We found ourselves hiking around pachuag pond after a nice 3 or so mile drive in on the state parks dirt roads. The roads aren't much to write home about off-roading wise but they're great if you live in the area and want to kick some dust in the air and feel free from society. There are a ton of different dirt road loops all surrounded by beautiful greenery so definitely check it out! So far we have only scratched the surface of Pachaug by hiking mount misery and now hiking around this beautiful pond and cant wait to go back for another adventure!

The hike around the pond was only about a mile and a half but holy hell was it a workout for Kali! Shes a muscular little pup but she was definitely pooped after this one! Rock City let me tell you! the trail was very nicely marked but most of it consisted of climbing over rocks to get around the perimeter of the lake that due to their size was like bouldering for Kali :whew: . She did awesome though and as a result we had a great time with being able to see some beautiful views. Please checkout our video and let us know what you think!

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
What a great dog, Kali's the best. Really good content too, I'll have to check out the videos seeing as I am a Youtube addict.

OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
What a great dog, Kali's the best. Really good content too, I'll have to check out the videos seeing as I am a Youtube addict.
Glad that you like the videos! I try to get her out and take videos as much as I can but the editing can take forever. It's a fun hobby though and it keeps us very active. Kali gets a little cranky if she doesn't hike every few days though now :LOL:

Sponsored

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Time for another adventure post!

This week I was able to get out with Kali for a nice morning hike and adventure at Pachaug State Park to take a must needed drive on something other than pavement. We found ourselves hiking around pachuag pond after a nice 3 or so mile drive in on the state parks dirt roads. The roads aren't much to write home about off-roading wise but they're great if you live in the area and want to kick some dust in the air and feel free from society. There are a ton of different dirt road loops all surrounded by beautiful greenery so definitely check it out! So far we have only scratched the surface of Pachaug by hiking mount misery and now hiking around this beautiful pond and cant wait to go back for another adventure!

The hike around the pond was only about a mile and a half but holy hell was it a workout for Kali! Shes a muscular little pup but she was definitely pooped after this one! Rock City let me tell you! the trail was very nicely marked but most of it consisted of climbing over rocks to get around the perimeter of the lake that due to their size was like bouldering for Kali :whew: . She did awesome though and as a result we had a great time with being able to see some beautiful views. Please checkout our video and let us know what you think!

A jeep, man's best friend and the great outdoors.....Awesome!! Love her colors, reminds me of a dairy cow. :)

OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
A jeep, man's best friend and the great outdoors.....Awesome!! Love her colors, reminds me of a dairy cow. :)
We get the cow dog reference a lot :CWL: She also has a spot on her side that is in the shape of a heart so we get a lot of ":surprised:Did you know your dog has a heart on her?!" which I think is hilarious because what type of question is that... do I look at my dog lol, yes, yes I know she has a spot :idea:

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful pit and great name for the thread - very creative! I have a thing for all varieties of Bullies - English, Pit, American, French, love them all. Here's our Bullmastiff "Samson", he's 150 lbs of awesomeness ...
Sam.JPG

OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
Beautiful pit and great name for the thread - very creative! I have a thing for all varieties of Bullies - English, Pit, American, French, love them all. Here's our Bullmastiff "Samson", he's 150 lbs of awesomeness ...
Sam.JPG
Glad that you share a love for Bullies and man, what an adorable pup! Do you have an unlimited so he can stretch his legs or does he like just hanging out on the bench seat in a two door? And yeah the idea for our name just came one day when I kept saying hmmm "pit bulls and jeeps... pit bulls and jeeps... any acronyms that work... OH WAIT!" and then boom, sent the idea over to my buddy with what I thought would look cool and he made our logo. I would love to make an actual trail flag with a peanut butter and jelly on it to bring the theme all the way home but I haven't gotten that fair just yet.

OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
For anyone curious about how we get videos from Kali’s perspective we use a GoPro chest camera harness and just snug it up around Kali’s broad front portion. It fits great and holds pretty damn well!

556BCFD1-8D1C-48AE-A03D-8BE450CF6B6D.jpeg

We use it to get videos like this:

GoPro Attached To A Pit Bull in a Topless Jeep Wrangler JL

And this:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
Our most recent “adventure” happened when Kali and I decided that it would be a good day to take the top down and to just drive around in the beautiful weather. We drove around until we found a beautiful lake with a small hiking trail around it. I didn’t get any photos of our hike as it was more of just a simple walk in the woods but I did get these nice shots of Kali being adventurous and wondering out on this fallen tree in the pond! I’ve found through our adventures that our little rescue pup has grown to be pretty damn fearless when it comes to things like this which is awesome to see considering how timid she was when we first brought her home from the shelter.
(Now we just need to work on thunderstorms)
387A870E-5848-472D-A95C-0C24D682A556.jpeg
ED295604-94E1-4ACF-B959-B4F6D91130CB.jpeg
8698CB50-4741-4FD8-A4E3-7B5BEA316804.jpeg
BE331A04-F1FF-4847-A55A-8BD823E00020.jpeg
D7B49E5F-9DBE-4290-A2F8-80B49E7B4795.jpeg

Oh and no adventure is complete without getting a shot of Kali’s face when she gets back in her adventure-mobile!

32036A71-74EA-4CB6-B8FE-52241E44495C.jpeg
EB228CB8-D3A7-488D-A031-2C0088B3D038.jpeg

And of course, here’s a shot of why I love taking Kali out and doing what we do! That smile of hers is everything (don’t mind the Jeep hair and half of my face)
467D20A7-A0DE-4AB0-A872-03EF16BB1E65.jpeg

OP
OP
Kheroux

Kheroux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLU Rubicon
Hey guys! New adventure alert! :party:

For this endeavor Kali and I take a trip to Mansfield Hollow State Park and take a hike around the huge lake located there! It was a gorgeous day so we obviously took the top down on our trip to the state park which Kali is always a huge fan of. The hike itself consisted of about 5 miles looping in and out of the woods surrounding the state park's lake that Kali hiked like a champ! Her legs are pretty short and shes got a ton of muscle to haul around so I made sure to take a couple of breaks here and there to help her keep from getting too tired and finish the hike strong.

Along our journey we ran into a random pup just minding his or her own business on the trail that at first was pretty ominous (turned a corner and had a all white basically wolf staring at us :whew:) but I soon realized that they had on a collar with a number so I called the owner up and they said that they just let the pup out to roam around when they have to go because their house butts right up to the park and they have a tracker. I thought it was kind of odd as you don't know what kind of people or animals will be out on the trail but to each there own I guess...

Either way, we had an awesome time doing the hike and building up my confidence with Kali to hopefully do even longer hikes in the future! (Our goal is to hike Mount Washington some time next spring so wish us luck!)

Hope you guys like the video and please let us know what you think!