Sponsored

Wiring rock lights?

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Trying to install rock lights on my JL. Was going to hook up to one of the aux switches that came on my Jeep. Drivers side went fine. Having trouble finding a good place to bring the wire on the passenger side into the engine compartment. With the dang extra battery, things are crowded. i'm not seeing any good gaps to pull the wire thru on the passenger side. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
I dunno how to delete this, but nevermind original post. After a long while of head scratching, i found the spot to run the wire

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Right between the battery and where the wires for the aux switches are is this rectangular space...comes out at the inner fender liner.
Dunno how i didn't see it right away.

20190825_103331.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Right between the battery and where the wires for the aux switches are is this rectangular space...comes out at the inner fender liner.
Dunno how i didn't see it right away.

20190825_103331.jpg
Nice! But I wanted to see the lights on:giggle: Glad you found where to wire them. I haven't attempted any electrical stuff yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Nice! But I wanted to see the lights on:giggle: Glad you found where to wire them. I haven't attempted any electrical stuff yet.
Oh! Here you go

They're supposed to be rgb but they're stuck on green. Should have tested before wiring them. Whoops . Replacement on the way, so ill swap one thing at a time... but i think its the control box that's wonk.

IMG_20190825_084136_643.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Oh! Here you go

They're supposed to be rgb but they're stuck on green. Should have tested before wiring them. Whoops . Replacement on the way, so ill swap one thing at a time... but i think its the control box that's wonk.

Wow that's nice and bright:like: I like them!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Oh! Here you go

BTW, what kind are those? I really like them.:like:

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
BTW, what kind are those? I really like them.:like:
Update: these are a no go. Their control boxes are bad. Tested new set. New set worked at first. So i unhooked them from the box to go wire them in. When i plugged them back in they went to green and won't change like the first set.

I don't know if im going to try a different brand or not. But if i do, ill post if i find a good one.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Update: these are a no go. Their control boxes are bad. Tested new set. New set worked at first. So i unhooked them from the box to go wire them in. When i plugged them back in they went to green and won't change like the first set.

I don't know if im going to try a different brand or not. But if i do, ill post if i find a good one.
Thanks for the update. Sorry they didn't work for you:(. I have been eyeing these myself. I want to get them for my husband's JKU. I just think they look cool:rock:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/kc-hili...XWy7Fhqp5Az3Z-MtjT9Tq7yyFrtF-YJgaAovwEALw_wcB

Quake also makes a set. I think @Jessicon might have them?
https://www.quakeled.com/product/8-...kinterlock-compatible-controller-not-included

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Thanks for the update. Sorry they didn't work for you:(. I have been eyeing these myself. I want to get them for my husband's JKU. I just think they look cool:rock:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/kc-hili...XWy7Fhqp5Az3Z-MtjT9Tq7yyFrtF-YJgaAovwEALw_wcB

Quake also makes a set. I think @Jessicon might have them?
https://www.quakeled.com/product/8-...kinterlock-compatible-controller-not-included
I'm sure both of those work great because they are way out of my price range lol :LOL:
I need to win the lottery so i can spoil my jeep. :giggle:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm sure both of those work great because they are way out of my price range lol :LOL:
I need to win the lottery so i can spoil my jeep. :giggle:
Lol yeah I know. But they do look sexy:like:. I'm actually saving up for my first major upgrade...5" to 7":giggle: radio that is;)... But damn, it's a thousand bucks:angry:

OP
OP
Juni

Juni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Lol yeah I know. But they do look sexy:like:. I'm actually saving up for my first major upgrade...5" to 7":giggle: radio that is;)... But damn, it's a thousand bucks:angry:
That's a lot of money for a radio. I have the 5" also but barely use it. Its set to whatever awful crap it is that my teenager likes...i don't think we'll be upgrading ever lol.

In the meantime, returned crap rock lights, bought these
Xprite RGB LED Truck Bed Lights... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L4T521F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

No fancy app, but they actually work! And only$30. Might buy another set and do the wheel wells at some point

20190828_201344.jpg

20190828_201319.jpg

20190828_201258.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That's a lot of money for a radio. I have the 5" also but barely use it. Its set to whatever awful crap it is that my teenager likes...i don't think we'll be upgrading ever lol.

In the meantime, returned crap rock lights, bought these
Xprite RGB LED Truck Bed Lights... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L4T521F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

No fancy app, but they actually work! And only$30. Might buy another set and do the wheel wells at some point

20190828_201344.jpg

20190828_201319.jpg

20190828_201258.jpg
Nice! :like:
And yeah I hear you on the radio. I'm still on the fence. I'm just excited to have Bluetooth and use Spotify:like:
Sponsored