Sponsored

2019 2 door JL Taser install???

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Got my taser mini today. Steel bar prevents me from getting my hands on the 2 plugs. I can see them can't get them out. Suggestions
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@zb39

Your 2019 is no different then a 2018 under there. 8-)

With that said, carefully pull the plastic panel off that is just below the steering column. Do this and getting to the connectors is far easier!

In regard to that plastic panel .....Start at the top corner(s) and gently pull straight out. Once both corners are pulled loose, work your way down, pulling all loose from clips until the panel is free.

The connectors on the plastic cover itself, are strong and not prone to break.

Careful, not to lose the white plastic clips, themselves. Again, be sure when pulling the plastic pull straight back.

After that plastic is off, now look, and you will see you can in fact get your hand up there. If your hand is big, it may be a tad harder to get up there but you will... 8-)

Be sure you have a good light under there so you can see.

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Got my taser mini today. Steel bar prevents me from getting my hands on the 2 plugs. I can see them can't get them out. Suggestions
You need to remove the plastic piece under the steering column. This will allow you access.

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I used a log set of medical forceps to get to mine...But as others have said remove the bottom panel...My fat little hands were still to big to get up in there...
Sponsored