Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles-eg/making-the-most-of-your-auto-warranty.html

This particular article is about NC but it applies to all states. There are federal laws in place that hold the automakers to their legally binding warranty contracts. Now that doesn't mean that they won't try to do crooked things and use your ignorance of the laws against you. It's best to try to handle it at the lowest level possible. But everyone should be informed of the actual laws that protect them. They cannot legally void your entire warranty just because you installed a lift from another company. They can void the warranty on your axles or frame mounts if they can justify that the lift caused damage to those components for example. But in that situation, you can still fight it, and would still have warranty for the engine, etc..
I said they can refuse to do work. A dealer doesn't have to service your vehicle, especially if you are an asshole. The Magnuson-Moss Act everyone likes to quote does require you to be prepared to fight and spend lots of money. My point is, if you don't have a good relationship with you dealer, then find another.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles-eg/making-the-most-of-your-auto-warranty.html

This particular article is about NC but it applies to all states. There are federal laws in place that hold the automakers to their legally binding warranty contracts. Now that doesn't mean that they won't try to do crooked things and use your ignorance of the laws against you. It's best to try to handle it at the lowest level possible. But everyone should be informed of the actual laws that protect them. They cannot legally void your entire warranty just because you installed a lift from another company. They can void the warranty on your axles or frame mounts if they can justify that the lift caused damage to those components for example. But in that situation, you can still fight it, and would still have warranty for the engine, etc..
Don't forget, the onus is on them to prove that your modifications caused the issues, not the other way around.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I ordered a rubicon yesterday with that mopar headliner, $525. ;(
Meh. I've had mine for almost a year now and it works fine. Maybe not as nice as the hot heads, but no issues for me.
I have factory-installed Mopar headliners and have no complaints. Don't know first-hand how they compare to others like Hotheads, mine seem to keep noise down, help with regulating temperature and look fine so I'm OK with them.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I still don't even understand why people are defending a poorly designed kit, and the dealerships who coerce uninformed consumers to purchase them.

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
Boy, you must have received a different version. I have the factory head liner and mine is great! Nice and thick with quality materials and it's attached with Velcro so it can be removed or cleaned. You might want to question the dealership about yours.
-Nate
I ordered a rubicon yesterday with the mopar headliner, $525. I will be happy if it’s like what you described.

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
I have factory-installed Mopar headliners and have no complaints. Don't know first-hand how they compare to others like Hotheads, mine seem to keep noise down, help with regulating temperature and look fine so I'm OK with them.
Does yours attached with velcro or adhesive? Some people said their factory option mopar headliners attached with velcro.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I still don't even understand why people are defending a poorly designed kit, and the dealerships who coerce uninformed consumers to purchase them.
I won’t say that, it’s an adequate entry level kit. I bashed my way through Rubicon with it.

That said, I won’t defend it.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Does yours attached with velcro or adhesive? Some people said their factory option mopar headliners attached with velcro.
Mine have the adhesive Velcro strips. I've taken a few of the panels off to clean some dirt off the white part of the top, no problem putting them right back in.

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
Mine have the adhesive Velcro strips. I've taken a few of the panels off to clean some dirt off the white part of the top, no problem putting them right back in.
That’s good. I would be happy if mines will be as you described.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
IThe Magnuson-Moss Act everyone likes to quote does require you to be prepared to fight and spend lots of money.
Not sure where the expense comes in. I had a GMC Terrain with clogged oil ports they claimed was from the skinless filter's fibers though they hadn't touched the engine yet. It came with an OEM filter and the first free oil change was done by the dealer. Then I did my own with a Wix filter until it threw an engine code at 30k miles. Dealer stated it could be caused by the non-OEM filter and GM might not cover the cost. I told them to go ahead and fix it. If GM refused to cover the cost then they need to provide proof the fibers were from the Wix filter and not the OEM. They covered it without issue since I'm sure it would have been next to impossible to prove which filter caused the issue.

Granted this became a well known issue with the engine design along with many other issues on that vehicle.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Don't get the Mopar headliners if you plan on buying a Top Lift Pro. Pressure from sitting on the lift pulls the velcro loose. At least it did on mine so I took the main top section off.
Sponsored