Tazer JL abbreviations on dash screen--need help deciphering codes

bethaj1s

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
Is there anywhere I can get a key to the abbreviations that are on my dash when making adjustments using the Tazer JL. I have the printout of what the Tazer does but the abbreviations on my dash are not making sense. Would it be possible to have a pics of the dash screen and what they mean or change. Thanks I am new to this and using this Tazer has definitely been a learning curve and discouraging.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Is there anywhere I can get a key to the abbreviations that are on my dash when making adjustments using the Tazer JL. I have the printout of what the Tazer does but the abbreviations on my dash are not making sense. Would it be possible to have a pics of the dash screen and what they mean or change. Thanks I am new to this and using this Tazer has definitely been a learning curve and discouraging.
Which ones, specifically?

OP
OP
bethaj1s

bethaj1s

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
Which ones, specifically?
Actually all of them, I am sorry but this is all new to me and we purchased the Tazer after reading the reviews from the forum but didn't realize there was no manual that explains all the settings that we can change. The abbreviations on the screen makes no sense. I bought this the first week I got my jeep since I changed my tires/wheels and put the lift. This is my first jeep also. Thank you for all your help

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
the install instructions list everything that the Tazer JL does (system and live settings) I have not verified, but I'm pretty sure the order they are listed in the instructions is the order the are on the screen. So following along with the printed sheet from the instructions you should be able to figure out what abbreviation means for each system setting.

Just copied this from the instructions:

The setup menu is accessed with the ignition ON but engine NOT running. The menu items are listed in the order in which they will display.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Actually all of them, I am sorry but this is all new to me and we purchased the Tazer after reading the reviews from the forum but didn't realize there was no manual that explains all the settings that we can change. The abbreviations on the screen makes no sense. I bought this the first week I got my jeep since I changed my tires/wheels and put the lift. This is my first jeep also. Thank you for all your help
I think if you go down the list as @quietpeen suggested, they'll make sense as you go along. Go through the vehicle settings, and then the live settings. It may look overwhelming, but there are only so many characters the cluster can hold.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bethaj1s

bethaj1s

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
the install instructions list everything that the Tazer JL does (system and live settings) I have not verified, but I'm pretty sure the order they are listed in the instructions is the order the are on the screen. So following along with the printed sheet from the instructions you should be able to figure out what abbreviation means for each system setting.

Just copied this from the instructions:

The setup menu is accessed with the ignition ON but engine NOT running. The menu items are listed in the order in which they will display.
Thank you so much!! I just printed off the 10 page instructions and will be checking this out hopefully tomorrow. I really do appreciate all the help that I get from this forum.

OP
OP
bethaj1s

bethaj1s

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
I think if you go down the list as @quietpeen suggested, they'll make sense as you go along. Go through the vehicle settings, and then the live settings. It may look overwhelming, but there are only so many characters the cluster can hold.
Thank you for coming to my aide. That is understandable about so many characters I would think that they could of just put the abbreviations within the instructions for us. I guess I am just old school. I was looking through the instructions and there is a setting that will enable Halos and set LED Headlights and fog lights. I installed Quake halos led and rough country led fog lights. Do I change these settings?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for coming to my aide. That is understandable about so many characters I would think that they could of just put the abbreviations within the instructions for us. I guess I am just old school. I was looking through the instructions and there is a setting that will enable Halos and set LED Headlights and fog lights. I installed Quake halos led and rough country led fog lights. Do I change these settings?
Lighting features are vehicle settings, and the LED/Halo enable/disable settings are for the factory lights.. Since you have aftermarket, I'd imagine these are disabled.

Here's one of the extensive threads on the Tazer. and its features. A lotta good stuff.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-programmer-for-the-jl.5405/
Sponsored