• Total voters

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Had my '87 Wrangler YJ (the FIRST Wrangler) for eleven years and had somebody in the back seat once!

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I like my friends, would never ask them to crawl into the back. I crawled into the back via the front doors to install some lights, and I thought it would be easier to crawl in, instead of removing some stuff I had in the back, I was wrong.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I was excited to see this as a solution for security and long trips with a soft top until I read it doesn't work with a soft top.

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
I'm ready to remove my rear seat, but I have no room in my garage lol. I have a 2014 Ram R/T single cab, so I'm used to no more than 2 peeps, but if I need more seats, my wife's SUV can be put into duty.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
evetho i'm the only one in the jeep, i haven't taken out the rear seat. but i do fold down the head rest, so i don't see it in the rearview mirror.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
That seat has to be out of mine...when I go out to jam, I carry an acoustic six string guitar, acoustic twelve string, and acoustic bass guitar.

The first day I was on this forum I posted a give-away on that back seat. No takers. This week I asked for ideas on alternative uses. No takers there either. Frustrating. I dont mind giving it away, but I hate throwing it away. I dont need to save it for when I trade....my last new vehicle was 1996. I dont trade in, I wear them out. And no, it cant be furniture in my house.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
This is my 3rd 2 door Wrangler. Before my first Wrangler, I had a GTI with rear seats folded down, at all times, for my bike. So, since my 1st Wrangler, the rear seat went in the basement as soon as I got home on the 1st day of ownership.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
i was looking at the new Diabolical security cover and noted it requires the second row removed. Made me wonder what percentage took that row out - I removed mine before the engine had cooled down from the first ride home from the dealership.
Took mine out within first week and only had to put it back once and then removed right after. The slipstream looks awesome and might be on my list but other priorities first.
I haven't taken out my backseat yet, I've mainly kept it for my young nieces/nephews.

I was giving a lot of thought to the Diabolical security cover, or something equivalent, especially since I have the soft top. But I started to think about it. If someone breaks into the Jeep, and hits the unlock button on a door, either door, the trunk would then be unlocked. Stuff would be out of view, but is a button away from being accessed. Maybe I am wrong on the way the Jeeps electronic locks work, and please correct me if I am. It may be better if you don't have power locks. But I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars (and project time) on something that really doesn't provide additional security.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I am going to go out on a limb and guess you never rode in the back of a pick-up as a kid.
My dad had an old 1965 Chevy C10 pickup. He would throw my sister and me back there,ride out to the corn fields , and she and I would bounce around like a couple of BB'S in a box car! I wouldnt hesitate to throw a beach chair in the back , I just have fun creating controversy. Its all good. Hows the fishing in Cooks Bayou? Snook-Redfish ?
Btw , our 4 door is a 2 seater so its really easy to throw a needed beach chair back there !
IMG_0684.JPG

Last edited:

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
My uncles had Ford F100's, we would all jump in the back and ride to the local country store to cool off from working in the tobacco fields and get a cold drink/pack of nabs! Good times, people would shit a brick if anybody did that today.
Sponsored