Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just some food for though Mike. There was a survey on the forum a few months ago on which option you wish you would have gotten The proximity locks won that one hands down. I was going to order my Jeep without them, but found one with everything I wanted plus the proximity locks. Man, I'm glad I found that Jeep. Having proximity locks on my other vehicles, I would have missed them on the Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
twentysevenalpha
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Camry
Thanks all. Just going to be a mall crawler, but would at least like to option to go camping or take sons out on an easy trail or two. No aspirations of creating a "rock monster" (but I guess I can't totally rule it out!) Probably not towing.

corysal

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Proximity locks are a must have to be able to open the cargo without the key. Super convenient.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Alpine followed by LSD would be my choices there. The Alpine is great although pricey. LSD isn’t really needed, but the D44 axle upgrade that comes with it makes it a no brainer.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Alpine
Automatic
Proximity
Maybe Blind spot
Tow is nice to have.

Lack of Alpine was one of the main reason I got rid of my otherwise excellent 2015(spent $200+ on Kicker upgraded speakers, still sound like crap), Alpine was the only option I wanted to have when I bought this JL, putting in a decent audio system in the Wrangler after the fact can quickly add up.

However I ended up getting a deal on an almost fully loaded Sahara so stuff like proximity is amazing, keys never leave my pocket, Blind spot also nice, the 8.4 I could do without, all I use is Bluetooth with the phone for talking and I have a 32gb USB with music, for navigation I use Waze or Google, compared it a few times with the XM traffic and Waze appears to do a much better job, map updates don't come cheap with these units.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I'd say it is tie between the LEDs and the blind spot monitoring
Sponsored