First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
So...1 day turn around. They had a loaner car which was good. Wasn't sure they would because they were very busy. Wife wasnt too happy that it was Orange lmao... hilarious.

So let's get started.

1) Steering. They agreed that it was loose and replaced the track bar. The steering damper was already replaced during the service campaign before we purchased.

It did seem tighter while driving home. Hopefully it isn't a placebo.

2) A/C. They couldn't reproduce the issue. No codes blah blah.

3) The oil change. Good grief. Asked them how much oil was added "6 quarts sir". Wrong. I explained that it's 5 not 6. After speaking with the actual tech we learned they only added 5.

Sooo...meh. Happy it was only one day.

IMG_20190819_174628.jpg
I'm struggling just to get a loaner, which I was informed today that the dealer doesn't have any at all.... Even though they have previously given me one....:headbang: At least things are going good for you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Haha...here's the pumpkin

IMG956508.jpg

OP
OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm struggling just to get a loaner, which I was informed today that the dealer doesn't have any at all.... Even though they have previously given me one....:headbang: At least things are going good for you!
Damn. Hope it gets better.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
Damn. Hope it gets better.
Well if Chrysler doesn't help me out, NCDS has their arbitration hearing for my case the 27th of this month. Hopefully they'll help me. I've lost all respect for Chrysler and their products. I own 3 Jeeps. An 82 J10 pickup which is in pieces but eventually will be restored. A 92 YJ which is the never ending project. And now this 18 JLU which has spent the last 2 and a half months either sitting on the dealer lot or going back and forth to the dealer. After this Jeep, I won't be buying another new one

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I got to back up Jeep Cares here. They were more than just customer service folks. They followed my problem every step of the way. They would call me when parts arrived at the dealer. I called the dealer to set up an appointment and I told them Jeep called me to tell me the parts were in. The dealer said Jeep would never call a customer. I told them they absolutely called me.
Jeep Care noticed I brought my Jeep into another dealer (closer to work) and they called me right away asking if I was having problems. When I told them it was in for an oil change, they said they were wondering when the alert came through their system. Had another problem with the electrical lead for the defroster on the rear window coming off. Again, they tracked the window being delivered and called me again. When I got to the dealer, they asked why Jeep was calling me directly.....nothing but good things to say about Jeep Cares....now, What I really would have liked is not to know how good they are. That would mean I wouldn't be having problems. This is my first car being on a tow truck...ever. And, I only had less than 10K on it.....But Jeep Care gets an A+ in my book. They even told me not to worry about a loaner. If the dealer charged me (they didn't), Jeep Cares would reimburse me for the loaner costs.....ya, much more than just customer service answering phones.

Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford Tech
I got to back up Jeep Cares here. They were more than just customer service folks. They followed my problem every step of the way. They would call me when parts arrived at the dealer. I called the dealer to set up an appointment and I told them Jeep called me to tell me the parts were in. The dealer said Jeep would never call a customer. I told them they absolutely called me.
Jeep Care noticed I brought my Jeep into another dealer (closer to work) and they called me right away asking if I was having problems. When I told them it was in for an oil change, they said they were wondering when the alert came through their system. Had another problem with the electrical lead for the defroster on the rear window coming off. Again, they tracked the window being delivered and called me again. When I got to the dealer, they asked why Jeep was calling me directly.....nothing but good things to say about Jeep Cares....now, What I really would have liked is not to know how good they are. That would mean I wouldn't be having problems. This is my first car being on a tow truck...ever. And, I only had less than 10K on it.....But Jeep Care gets an A+ in my book.
I'm glad to hear you had such a great experience. I honestly wish I could say the same. Sadly, the customer service reps I've talked to (except the first one who I do have to say was very nice and tried the hardest to do what he could, except he really didn't have the ability to do much other than talk to me and tell me the parts would be in at a certain date) have no clue what's happening or what dealer I've brought my Jeep to. They had to ask me where my Jeep currently was, after asking if it was at a dealer which I've never been to but the Jeep was originally shipped to. I then gave the rep the exact address to which she said she couldn't find it in the system. She had to call me back and I had to tell her word for word what the dealer was called and what the address was, again. The latest rep I had called the wrong dealer to ask about my appointment and the new part on order. I don't understand how they can be so unorganized yet others apparently get reps that bend over backwards and don't even have to ask you the idiotic question of "what dealer is your Jeep currently at?" One would assume they could easily find that information in their system. Maybe I just expect too much?

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
You can service at any dealer, doesn't have to be where you buy from.
Sure, but in my opinion better service is always provided to loyal customers.
I've had several so called "good will" repairs or services my dealer didn't have to perform.
That is valuable to me!!!

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad to hear you had such a great experience. I honestly wish I could say the same. Sadly, the customer service reps I've talked to (except the first one who I do have to say was very nice and tried the hardest to do what he could, except he really didn't have the ability to do much other than talk to me and tell me the parts would be in at a certain date) have no clue what's happening or what dealer I've brought my Jeep to. They had to ask me where my Jeep currently was, after asking if it was at a dealer which I've never been to but the Jeep was originally shipped to. I then gave the rep the exact address to which she said she couldn't find it in the system. She had to call me back and I had to tell her word for word what the dealer was called and what the address was, again. The latest rep I had called the wrong dealer to ask about my appointment and the new part on order. I don't understand how they can be so unorganized yet others apparently get reps that bend over backwards and don't even have to ask you the idiotic question of "what dealer is your Jeep currently at?" One would assume they could easily find that information in their system. Maybe I just expect too much?
sorry to hear that. I guess it does come down to who you are on the phone with. Maybe they are reading this and will assign someone 'more attentive' to your case......as I said before, the best situation is if we didn't have to talk with them and the company produced better vehicles.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I'be had much fancier cars in the past and NEVER needed help from customer care.

IMHO, FCA is a crappy company trying to cover their tracks with @JeepCares
I have never had to call a customer care representative for any issues with any vehicle and I have owned many cars at 76 years old. That includes Ford, Chevy, BMW, Porsche and Audi and many used many different dealerships. This is my first Chrysler product not my first Jeep. I personally believe the Wranglers have a faulty front end design problem as well as poor factory quality control. I accepted the the poor quality control when I purchased my Moab even with its poor paint, doors that are warped where the hinges were over tightened and loose steering. I don’t accept dangerous front end wobble. Fingers crossed, I seem to have purchased from a decent dealership. Only time will tell.

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I have never had to call a customer care representative for any issues with any vehicle and I have owned many cars at 76 years old. That includes Ford, Chevy, BMW, Porsche and Audi and many used many different dealerships. This is my first Chrysler product not my first Jeep. I personally believe the Wranglers have a faulty front end design problem as well as poor factory quality control. I accepted the the poor quality control when I purchased my Moab even with its poor paint, doors that are warped where the hinges were over tightened and loose steering. I don’t accept dangerous front end wobble. Fingers crossed, I seem to have purchased from a decent dealership. Only time will tell.

I didn't call Jeep Cares, they reached out to me...and never stopped calling until the problem was fixed.
Got to give them credit for persistence
Sponsored