Sponsored

Has anyone removed the sport bar covers and plastic in cargo area?

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

As it is coming into summer in Australia, I am looking into the possibility of removing the hard plastic covers on the sports bars and maybe even the hard plastic in the cargo area.

I was wondering if this should be done? Is there a reason it is covered. I used to own a TJ back in the day and I think I prefer the more rounded look.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this as yet. Also is the covered area painted?

Thanks and have a great day
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hello all,

As it is coming into summer in Australia, I am looking into the possibility of removing the hard plastic covers on the sports bars and maybe even the hard plastic in the cargo area.

I was wondering if this should be done? Is there a reason it is covered. I used to own a TJ back in the day and I think I prefer the more rounded look.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this as yet. Also is the covered area painted?

Thanks and have a great day
Never had a TJ but I miss the rounded look of the JK bars.

I'm sure it's there for compliance if people bang their heads around in an accident... or like the boot release switch you need to have in cars not that anyone is actually supposed to ride in the boot. Not sure why you'd remove them though... would be easier to damage the paint.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I am not a fan of all the hard plastic around the bars near my head and the look is unappealing to me. Same as you I like the rounded look. I am thinking of taking off the plastic and replacing it with covered up foam bars when I get around to researching the correct diameter/ thickness of the foam for impact protection.

OP
OP
Muddog17

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Look at removing the hard plastic around my head but chickened out when they did come straight off after removing the screws. They need a bit of tender loving care to remove and as there really are no spare parts in Australia I thought I would wait awhile. I am still waiting for additional parts ordered for Sunshine (HellaYella) back in March. There were delivered the wrong parts first (JK) and now have been told they will be here when they are here! around 6 weeks or so from early August.
Sponsored