Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
He has entire lengthy post explaining power differences. And then a bunch more. He also states about three hundred and eighty seven point six times throughout the thread that increased airflow typically only increases power on modern vehicles after tuning. If the system can flow 20% more air than stock, that's what should be marketed. Your post came off aggressive to me, like "Hey buddy, dont BS us with fake power claims" which he is clearly not doing.

Understood that implied attitude spoken and typed can be drastically different BTW.

Sorry if this has been asked before - what about an intke for 3.6 vehicles? Surprised to see nothing on this given the past, present and likely future volume of them.

I have spent a combined total of like 3 hours looking at hoses and pipes to design my own TB to airbox system. After reading this thread I'm glad I never actually purchased everything. Especially after reading about the resonator tubes. That was my number one goal - remove them. Maybe I'll just leave things alone for now, (I HATE leaving things alone. But half the time that I dont I wish I would have :) ) Though I'm jonesing for some intake noise. This is the quietest vehicle I own. Dont wanna mess with exhaust since that changes things all of the time, but intake sound is much more dependent on throttle position. I want to hear this awful six cylinder when I stomp on it and go nowhere!

Good thread and impressive info. Even more impressive is that you're putting all of this out there. Probably not gonna a novel from K&N, lol.

Am I the only one who has been seeing Mishimoto stuff around for years and thought they were based in Japan? Is this (MD) the only facility? Looks nice BTW. 4wd dyno = awesome.
Thanks @anotherWS6 ! To answer your question about the 3.6L intake, it's in the works. Much like the 2.0L intake though, we're taking our time to make it correctly. We'd be looking to release the 3.6L intake early next year, so we're still quite a ways away.

As for our facility, yes our Delaware facility is our only R&D facility. I know the name can be a little confusing with the Japanese sound, but we're born and bred in the Delaware area. Most of our employees are from the surrounding DE, PA, MD, and NJ areas, but we have warehouses here in DE, Nevada, Australia, and the UK. Our engineering facility has a lot of really cool tech and equipment, including a waterjet, our Dynapack hub dynos, the Dynojet 4WD dyno, flow bench, and 3D scanning equipment. It's a pretty cool place to work :)

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions and thanks again!
-Steve
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a member on countless automotive forums and this one is by far one of the best.

We have a vendor that's actually out to help & very transparent and members that are trying to help each other...not flame them. I'm sure there will be more to follow on this topic soon.;)

Well done Gents!

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Update next week? Listen.....

I have a gun, in my room......

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Hurry up and wait gents............trust me, its worth the wait

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto Steve......I got my revised intake tube from S&B today. I'll shoot you pictures tomorrow. Might be interesting to bench flow the revised version........but that's your call

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@Mishimoto Steve......I got my revised intake tube from S&B today. I'll shoot you pictures tomorrow. Might be interesting to bench flow the revised version........but that's your call
Thanks Jeremy! I am curious to see the fix they've implemented, but flow bench testing probably isn't necessary. If it doesn't throw a CEL for you guys, we're good with it :)

Thanks again,
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Oh the "fix" is rather comical

Prepare yourself..............

S&B fix 1.jpg

S&B fix 2.jpg

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I guess its only dumb if it doesn't work

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Yeah that's about what I expected too, without them having to make big design changes. Hopefully it works! I would give that a deburr and vacuum before installing though, plastic bits going into a turbo spinning at 150,000 RPM will not end well.

Thanks for sharing Jeremy!
-Steve
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.