Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Got my kit installed today, glad I did I had a nice coating of oil all over the turbo inlet.
Also dam my engine is filthy...
Very nice, thanks for sharing! And yeah, what have you been doing, driving on dirt or something?! :giggle:

Thanks,
-Steve

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice, thanks for sharing! And yeah, what have you been doing, driving on dirt or something?! :giggle:

Thanks,
-Steve
Nope Mike is a Mall Crawler!!!

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
1E558F2C-47FD-43A5-B510-03A90426769D.jpeg
57AFBA85-9279-4A12-91E1-F22B7310048F.jpeg
CDB12210-1EFB-4931-A5EA-F025057F22C7.jpeg
E62FEA57-09EA-4A25-B5B7-3CD082A7FF1D.jpeg
A5253DAF-3E73-46FF-A04B-8AAF7537CF9C.jpeg
26114F16-7E37-4A05-8209-60E0A3B2D39A.jpeg
Got my kit installed today, glad I did I had a nice coating of oil all over the turbo inlet.
Those are great photos. I took the plunge yesterday and ordered a can. All these pics and the video should make my install easier.

side note: I plan on using CRC valve cleaner on my 2.0T religiously. Where's the best spot to spray in to avoid the sensor? In the intake opening in the last photo?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Those are great photos. I took the plunge yesterday and ordered a can. All these pics and the video should make my install easier.

side note: I plan on using CRC valve cleaner on my 2.0T religiously. Where's the best spot to spray in to avoid the sensor? In the intake opening in the last photo?
Want to know this as well.

Sponsored

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not 100% sure, I haven’t used it before and I assume the engine needs to be running. Since you wouldn’t want to get it on any sensors I guess the turbo inlet would be the best bet.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

I’m not 100% sure, I haven’t used it before and I assume the engine needs to be running. Since you wouldn’t want to get it on any sensors I guess the turbo inlet would be the best bet.
Thank you @Fusilli Jerry ! I'm also unsure on where would be the best place to spray a valve cleaner on this one. Spraying pre-turbo is really going to reduce the amount of cleaner that actually gets to the valves. The best bet would be a line that goes directly to the intake manifold, but I'm not sure of there is one. You might be able to pop the bypass valve off the intercooler pipe and just spray it through there. I'll see what I can find in our factory diagrams and data.

Thanks again!
-Steve

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Thank you @Fusilli Jerry ! I'm also unsure on where would be the best place to spray a valve cleaner on this one. Spraying pre-turbo is really going to reduce the amount of cleaner that actually gets to the valves. The best bet would be a line that goes directly to the intake manifold, but I'm not sure of there is one. You might be able to pop the bypass valve off the intercooler pipe and just spray it through there. I'll see what I can find in our factory diagrams and data.

Thanks again!
-Steve
On second thought, i'll probably just rely on changing the oil every 5k and installing the catch can. I'm willing to bet using CRC sprayed into a vacuum line will throw a tone of codes, and I've got to draw the line somewhere:LOL:

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
0FAED6EF-3B64-4A59-B063-86462742742B.jpeg
So driving to work I saw a huge drop in MPG and then this :( I will grab the code reader and check it out at lunch and report back.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
So driving to work I saw a huge drop in MPG and then this :( I will grab the code reader and check it out at lunch and report back.
:( Please let us know what the code is. It looks like everything is installed correctly in your photos—the only thing I can see is maybe the hose is pinched up by the intercooler pipe, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to cause an issue.

Thanks,
-Steve

Sponsored

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good news the code is the same one that people have been reporting after intake installs. P1CEA for the purge flow monitor.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Good news the code is the same one that people have been reporting after intake installs. P1CEA for the purge flow monitor.
Interesting, do you also have an aftermarket intake installed?

Thanks,
-Steve

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I do I have the S&B

There seems to be a trend here... I would suggest doing a PCM reset by disconnecting the positive and negative battery cables and connecting them together for a few minutes. See if the code comes back after that.

It's very strange that the intake + the catch can would be causing an EVAP code when just the intake isn't causing it. How long have you had the S&B intake installed?

Thanks,
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
The S&B and P1CEA .........its like herpes = once you clear it, it still comes back
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.