Sponsored

Rubicon seat-back molle panel slipping down.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

has anyone experienced this? My molle panel is slipping down the seat back. I only have two bags attached. One with 1st aid and one with air hose and gauge, so not much weight.

I was able to slide it back up, but there appears to be no reason that it won’t do it again.

20E07CAE-567E-4457-9348-FDA8C4781372.jpeg
Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Yes, you have a broken plastic retaining clip that is molded into the seatback panel. You’ll need the dealer to order a replacement back panel for you (under warranty). I’ve had one on order for several weeks now, so suspect the are on backorder.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me about a month ago before I threw on Bartact seat covers. Driver side started slipping down, but I was able to slide it back up into place. I only had one Molle pouch, and I realized my golf bag was leaning on top & bringing it down.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I have this exact issue on my passenger seat. Good to know it’s not uncommon and an easy fix.

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Same problem here. The Molle back panel on my driver seat back is sliding out and the seat back is coming apart.
I took it to my local dealer and they wouldn't replace it, as they claim that a clip on the back panel is broken and that it wouldn't be covered under the manufacturers warranty. The cost for the replace part is $295.

I have done nothing to damage this seat back panel, and the Jeep dealer wouldn't replace it. The service rep at my local dealer was nice enough to ask me to contact Jeep Cares ... as they know this is a manufacturing defect, but cannot do anything about it under warranty unless authorized by Jeep Cares.

@JeepCares Please help service this problem under warranty.

See attached pics ...

IMG_3748.jpeg

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

Molle bacl panel replacement.png

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Does anyone have access to the online mechanics instructions database thing, I want to know exactly how their techs install it. Tried to tell me the seat needs to come out & I don’t buy it.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
How do you remove those Molle seat backs? I cannot find any instructions anywhere. Thanks

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you just push them down from the top. There are clips in the Molle seat backs that hold it the seat back that pry open loose.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine fixed under warranty - was in for well under an hour.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a video showing seat cover installation on a Rubi. Part way thru it shows how to remove the MOLLE panel.

D-rail

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon v6 2dr A8
I wanted to let everyone know that Jeep Cares has offered to pay for my molle panels that were slipping. The dealership would not warranty them.

I called Jeep Cares and told them about the panels. I took to the dealer who took pictures and sent back to the jeep cares warranty dept. It took about 4 weeks from the first call until the dealer replaced the panels.

I know the panels are not made sturdy enough to support any weight. Same as those seat release levers that were breaking. Jeep wont issue a recall, but if you are persistent, they will help you.

Johnhinesaz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Mine have 2 sheet metal screws at the bottom. If those fall out, I'm sure it would slide down. screws are right under the carpet flap at the bottom, held on with elastic straps under the seat. Very simple fix if your screws are missing, just push the panel up and replace screws. Might save pain at the dealership.

s6275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon 2-door
These - I’m afraid - are to blame for the $295 Molle panel replacements. Any idea where to source them?
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon seat-back molle panel slipping down. CE41AB40-402E-4980-A3E5-28D6B002342B
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon seat-back molle panel slipping down. 7391ED03-3341-43DB-B96F-249980D48DAC
Sponsored