Sponsored

Brown's Jeep in VA beat Criswell

JungleJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, JLUR coming soon
Napelton Jeep is the worst. They actually add on so many fake rebates it’s a joke. Ones I have never heard of or seen anywhere. And wrangler has few. They also add a $2500 pkg onto all the wranglers which include led bulbs in rear lights, nitrogen filled tires..( really on a Rubicon too) edge of the door 3m clear and oil changes...haha. They also include a UBER rebate, Realtor rebate, a few others I can’t think of. But that’s how they advertise 9-10k off.
Ha! They are by far the worst. Been there, no thanks.
Sponsored

Talental

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Hey guys, How long are they telling you it will be before your 2020 JL will be built and sent to the dealership?

Also, I am from Alabama. If I buy from Criswell in MD, do I pay to have shipping (cost?).
Will they ship it to a local dealer?
Or will I have to drive it back 13 hours?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hey guys, How long are they telling you it will be before your 2020 JL will be built and sent to the dealership?

Also, I am from Alabama. If I buy from Criswell in MD, do I pay to have shipping (cost?).
Will they ship it to a local dealer?
Or will I have to drive it back 13 hours?
Wait time is different person to person. I ordered the 7/15. My jeep is already built and on it's way to the dealership. There are members that ordered nearly two weeks before me and their jeep isn't even scheduled to be built yet.

You can drive to Criswell or you can find and hire a transport service to bring you the jeep.

Talental

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Thank you for the reply. Looks like I will be going to Maryland real soon.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Wait time is different person to person. I ordered the 7/15. My jeep is already built and on it's way to the dealership. There are members that ordered nearly two weeks before me and their jeep isn't even scheduled to be built yet.
When ordering my Ram, I had a similar experience - some folks happened to order a white limited a day before the plant did a run of them, and theirs got delivered weeks before mine. Color / trim level seemed to be the biggest factor - and then specific options (if there was a shortage) seemed to dictate when it went into the queue for building. I think the best you can hope for is a general feel for how long it takes and then assume yours will be +/- 3 weeks from there.

Sponsored

snide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Grand Cherokee
$850 doc fee? Forget that! I would have walked over that.

Hope you enjoy your new Jeep when it arrives. :jk:

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I didn't read the entire thread, so sorry if I missed something important. Just wanted to give a shout out to Criswell. Ordered from them in June with a factory build and they offered 8% below factory invoice with Tread Lightly control number. No hidden strings. No pressure to finance with them or else you lose the discount, etc. Very straight forward and responsive. Big fan!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

You can drive to Criswell or you can find and hire a transport service to bring you the jeep.
Who did you order from? What did you order this time?

Phillysays

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
If anyone in northern VA wants a straight up sales rep and is open to matching/beating other dealership’s prices, reach out to Gerry Hebron at Farrish Jeep in Fairfax. I had 3 friends all get great deals on Jeeps and they are super convenient being in NOVA. PM if you would like his cellphone.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Ziegler Jeep in Schaumburg. Jeep arrived Wednesday and I picked it up Friday. It took 23 days from order to arrival. Much better than last year which took 3-4 months.

I traded in the Punk'n for a Hellayella.

20190809_134414.jpg

Sponsored

MDub51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru STI
Ziegler Jeep in Schaumburg. Jeep arrived Wednesday and I picked it up Friday. It took 23 days from order to arrival. Much better than last year which took 3-4 months.

20190809_134414.jpg
Why did you trade in that beauty??

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Why did you trade in that beauty??
To build another one. I like to do it yearly. It has become my hobby. The hellayella will probably be the last one though. The new Illinois governor changed the tax law so starting 1/1 a trade in will no longer count against the tax. Trade in a 50k jeep for a 50k jeep you will have to pay 10% sales tax on the full value of the new jeep...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To build another one. I like to do it yearly. It has become my hobby. The hellayella will probably be the last one though. The new Illinois governor changed the tax law so starting 1/1 a trade in will no longer count against the tax. Trade in a 50k jeep for a 50k jeep you will have to pay 10% sales tax on the full value of the new jeep...
Illinois is getting way out of hand. Cars and related cost are going to increase in 2020.

They are placing a cap on the sales tax credit at $10K. You get a tax credit of the first $10K only. It sucks if anyone likes to trade. People will probably sell privately to avoid it.

1/1/20 the IL DOC fee is going up to $300 from $179.81 also. Plus the increase in plate cost.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20...y-a-car-in-illinois-a-trade-in-tax-credit-cap

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20190809_134414.jpg
Nice!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Illinois is getting way out of hand. Cars and related cost are going to increase in 2020.

They are placing a cap on the sales tax credit at $10K. You get a tax credit of the first $10K only. It sucks if anyone likes to trade. People will probably sell privately to avoid it.

1/1/20 the IL DOC fee is going up to $300 from $179.81 also. Plus the increase in plate cost.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20...y-a-car-in-illinois-a-trade-in-tax-credit-cap
Thank JB "I removed the toilets from my mansion so I don't have to pay taxes but sign 6.9 billion in new taxes for everyone else" Pritzker....
Sponsored