Sponsored

Motobilt's All New JL Skid Plate System Dropping This Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@Motobilt how long are orders taking to ship out currently? I had ordered the Metalcloak Undercloak system because that's what I had on my 2019, but it is still a few weeks out. Your skid system looks great, and if it is shipping sooner I will try and swap my order. From pictures alone, it seems like your system is better designed. Would you envision any fitment issues with a 2020?

These look raw steel as well, would you recommend powder coating, or paint for these?

WheezysJL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
@Motobilt how long are orders taking to ship out currently? I had ordered the Metalcloak Undercloak system because that's what I had on my 2019, but it is still a few weeks out. Your skid system looks great, and if it is shipping sooner I will try and swap my order. From pictures alone, it seems like your system is better designed. Would you envision any fitment issues with a 2020?

These look raw steel as well, would you recommend powder coating, or paint for these?
Any update??

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

I’m on the fence but think when ours come in, I’ll just do them with a clear coat. Super easy to touch up and love the raw look

Brett

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Come on. Bring on the 2 door turbo. Just waiting for the easy button.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This kit is killer. Fit is great.

90 minutes to install 3 of the 4 pieces.

932DA68B-3234-4EFD-80A1-BE919F465ADE.jpeg

47CF1142-12DB-4D2E-A9CF-47A74365F254.jpeg

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
WIll you loose a bit of clearance or does it not extend any further down then the factory skids, cross bars?

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
WIll you loose a bit of clearance or does it not extend any further down then the factory skids, cross bars?
There is some clearance loss, but the preserved is much worse than actual. It brings everything down to the lowest point, but that is the about 1/4” lower than the main crossmember. I hope that makes sense.

Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
There is some clearance loss, but the preserved is much worse than actual. It brings everything down to the lowest point, but that is the about 1/4” lower than the main crossmember. I hope that makes sense.
It does thanks. I worry about expensive bits and I find rock crawling the most challenging and sometimes you don't get to pick your line.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I wonder how Artec claims their system increases clearance by 3/4"?

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.