Sponsored

2019 Availability ?

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Anyone knows if the 2019 is= order in October/December 2018, January 2019, or who knows 2019?

Thanks
Sponsored

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
A salesperson at an Arizona Jeep dealer has passed on this information...the diesel may not be available till May of 2019. Don't know if this is accurate or not. I posed the question to Jeep Care on this forum and their reply was they have no information. I don't think I want to wait that long for an engine that may or not have problems, based on past issues. I'm thinking of buying the 3.6L Pentatstar and possibly dropping in a Cummins diesel later on.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
A salesperson at an Arizona Jeep dealer has passed on this information...the diesel may not be available till May of 2019. Don't know if this is accurate or not. I posed the question to Jeep Care on this forum and their reply was they have no information. I don't think I want to wait that long for an engine that may or not have problems, based on past issues. I'm thinking of buying the 3.6L Pentatstar and possibly dropping in a Cummins diesel later on.
yeah.. I think that is safe bet...

my experience is turbo diesels are slow to respond, gas twin turbos very responsive...

offroad = sh!@#$ happens and timing is everything= need torque-hp now

and of course a hemi would be my first choice... hellcat even better...= instant purchase... no thinking...

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Hoping for more info to drop on this. Obviously, weā€™d all love to see it sooner.

The recent spotting of a diesel being tested is great news. Hopefully more and more of this keeps popping up!

Kent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GT
Hoping for more info to drop on this. Obviously, weā€™d all love to see it sooner.

The recent spotting of a diesel being tested is great news. Hopefully more and more of this keeps popping up!

Hello to All,
Am a new member, and this is my first post.
This may have been covered before but ----
Any word on whether the diesel will be offered in the 2-door Rubicon.
Thanks for any info.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Hello to All,
Thanks for any info.
Welcome!

Sorry, I canā€™t give any definitive info here. Iā€™ve seen rumors that it would be 4 door only, but but others might have more concrete info or links.

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Hello to All,
Thanks for any info.
I have seen a couple articles online suggesting a 2-dr diesel will be a reality. The website ā€˜Jeepsies.comā€™ has an article with spy shots of a 2-dr JL putting diesel in the tank. They released a 2-dr version in Europe, although that doesnā€™t mean it coming here. I hoping the 2-dr as well. Weā€™ll see I guess.

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
I have seen a couple articles online suggesting a 2-dr diesel will be a reality. The website ā€˜Jeepsies.comā€™ has an article with spy shots of a 2-dr JL putting diesel in the tank. They released a 2-dr version in Europe, although that doesnā€™t mean it coming here. I hoping the 2-dr as well. Weā€™ll see I guess.
The diesel engine in the EU is very different (and smaller). It's highly likely that a 2dr diesel will be available in the EU/Africa, but I'm only speaking from deduction based on this information, nothing more.
Sponsored