Sponsored

Anyone going to install Mopar Performance Rock Rails on their Rubicon?

Ghagen1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JL Rubicon
So far ordered the 2" lift, winch plate, Zeon 10s, winch guard, 7" LED light kit with brackets & yesterday the performance rock rails. If the 2 door Rubi doesn't get here soon I may not be able to afford it. MoparPartsCorp.com They were waiting on some of the parts but should have them before the Jeep.

MBurgJL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So far ordered the 2" lift, winch plate, Zeon 10s, winch guard, 7" LED light kit with brackets & yesterday the performance rock rails. If the 2 door Rubi doesn't get here soon I may not be able to afford it. MoparPartsCorp.com They were waiting on some of the parts but should have them before the Jeep.
Sounds like you could have order your Jeep one part of the time and had it put together before your ordered one showed up. Stay strong :muscle:

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
thoughts on these?

IMHO they look a little too wide. When I was testing JKs and the JL, the Sahara boards were too wide. I need them for kids and rocks, so the Sahara width got in my way when I didn't want to use them.

YMMV of course!

The ideal width to step in/out over is like the JL MOPAR or JK Recon width...that's just me!

CalicoJack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 Renegade, 2017 JKUR Hard Rock, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Paratrooper
What's crazy is if they took them and made the Hard Rock or Recon ones work we would be in business.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have to go in to a dealer, or can the MOPAR rails be ordered online?

EDIT: just found the post that he ordered at dealer.

Last edited:

CalicoJack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 Renegade, 2017 JKUR Hard Rock, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Paratrooper
I thought Quadratec was going to also carry them

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have these in my garage if anyone needs info. Will be on Jeep SOON I hope.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^Nice...I was surprised the local dealer had them in stock so I just took them home without having to order!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I am torn 50/50 between these and the ace rock rails. I like the idea of the Ace rails that will take the abuse sparing the Mopar rails, but they seem like they may hang a little low. The Mopar rails looks nice, I loved the ones on my WK2 Trailhawk, and these look very similar. I can 100% vouch for the WK2 Trailhawk rock rails. I gave them a beating in Moab, and they had no issues supporting the vehicle, and even taking a small drop off a ledge landing on them with just some deep scratches. No dents.

I will need a step for my daughter (and me if I’m honest, I had my knee replaced last year so getting in and out is less than easy) and good protection as I have all intentions to use the Rubicon as a Rubicon off-road. Decisions decisions. However now that I am in D1 with estimated ship date I can get serious with parts. Waiting on Mopar beadlocks pricing now, and will soon price out a few more things. I’m thrilled it will be in before my move to AZ, so now the sleepless nights of part searching starts.
Sponsored